Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 15 Apr 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Oops! Booked a Disney Cruise!

We had a placeholder booked for August for a 7 night Caribbean.

We were going to hold it until next year as we are in Florida this year, but are limited on time as we have to wait until after A Level results and be back in time for our youngest to go back to school.

We considered doing the 7 nights, but this would not given us much time in the parks.

So up until lunchtime today, we were flying to Fort Lauderdale and heading to the Keys, before going up to Orlando to stay on site. Then a cruise was mentioned by our youngest and my husband looked and saw there was a 3 night cruise on the Dream which came back on the day we are due to fly home.

It didn't take us long to decide that we were happy to knock the Keys on the head and do a Disney holiday and tag a cruise on the end of it!

We have been on longer Disney cruises, so know that this is going to feel very short, but we thought that any Disney cruise is better than no Disney cruise!

So now looking forward to a lovely family holiday before our eldest goes off to University!

Edited at 11:33 PM.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Fantastic! We just got back from our 3 night cruise on the Dream - I absolutely loved it, going to try and do a week next year. I would definitely do a 3 night one again though
Enjoy! X
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We love that short cruise on the Dream. Just enough time to rest the feet from all the walking. 😀

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Good on you! It's so nice to have a magical trip before the kids head of to Uni.
We just booked an impromptu 3 night cruise too as our daughter will be going to Uni next year and life's just too short not to grab adventures when ever possible . We did our first ever 4 night one last October and loved it so much more than we ever imagined possible! Honestly never thought we'd book anything less than the 4 nights tbh, however when thinking about booking Universal tickets for 3 days, and adding a dessert party etc we realised that we'd much rather just spend 3 nights chilling out completely on the Dream in the Bahamas ...especially as Galaxies Edge being open will inevitably make things even busier...can't wait!
Glenbrook Villa & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2009, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Polynesian 2014, The Wedding Pavilion & The Polynesian 2016, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Disney Dream & The Yacht Club 2018, The Disney Dream & Animal Kingdom Lodge club level 2019,
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
Fantastic! We just got back from our 3 night cruise on the Dream - I absolutely loved it, going to try and do a week next year. I would definitely do a 3 night one again though
Enjoy! X
Just love it!
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dippiedawnie View Post
We love that short cruise on the Dream. Just enough time to rest the feet from all the walking. 😀
That's the plan 😀
Old 16 Apr 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by -kat- View Post
Good on you! It's so nice to have a magical trip before the kids head of to Uni.
We just booked an impromptu 3 night cruise too as our daughter will be going to Uni next year and life's just too short not to grab adventures when ever possible . We did our first ever 4 night one last October and loved it so much more than we ever imagined possible! Honestly never thought we'd book anything less than the 4 nights tbh, however when thinking about booking Universal tickets for 3 days, and adding a dessert party etc we realised that we'd much rather just spend 3 nights chilling out completely on the Dream in the Bahamas ...especially as Galaxies Edge being open will inevitably make things even busier...can't wait!
Yes we thought about going to Universal, but when we priced it all up, 3 nights on the Dream was much more appealing!

It will be such a nice time to relax together at the end of the holiday before our daughter goes to Uni (which I am dreading!)

We plan to go to Galaxies Edge the day before the cruise (the day it opens 😱😱😱&#128561 and then relax on the cruise.
Old 16 Apr 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
Yes we thought about going to Universal, but when we priced it all up, 3 nights on the Dream was much more appealing!

It will be such a nice time to relax together at the end of the holiday before our daughter goes to Uni (which I am dreading!)

We plan to go to Galaxies Edge the day before the cruise (the day it opens 😱😱😱&#128561 and then relax on the cruise.
Oaft! You’ll defo need the rest after Galaxies Edge opening day 😱... you should maybe even consider a nice wee mother/daughter massage on the Dream 😀...magical memories made!

Awe, and try not to dread the Uni move too much, it’s not so bad. My eldest is currently in Toronto Uni finishing his 3rd year, and it’s honestly flown by! Like you, I was dreading him going, and there were definitely a few watery eyed moments but I hung onto to the ‘exciting new chapter’ feeling as much as I could. It’s true that it brings lots of changes but it’s good positive changes and I guess that’s what makes all the wonderful, magical memories even more important! Its lovely to see how the memories made during special times together help to keep our kids close and grounded but also help them to have the confidence to fly 🙂.

Super exciting times ahead for you guys x
Glenbrook Villa & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2009, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Polynesian 2014, The Wedding Pavilion & The Polynesian 2016, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Disney Dream & The Yacht Club 2018, The Disney Dream & Animal Kingdom Lodge club level 2019,
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by -kat- View Post
Oaft! You’ll defo need the rest after Galaxies Edge opening day 😱... you should maybe even consider a nice wee mother/daughter massage on the Dream 😀...magical memories made!

Awe, and try not to dread the Uni move too much, it’s not so bad. My eldest is currently in Toronto Uni finishing his 3rd year, and it’s honestly flown by! Like you, I was dreading him going, and there were definitely a few watery eyed moments but I hung onto to the ‘exciting new chapter’ feeling as much as I could. It’s true that it brings lots of changes but it’s good positive changes and I guess that’s what makes all the wonderful, magical memories even more important! Its lovely to see how the memories made during special times together help to keep our kids close and grounded but also help them to have the confidence to fly 🙂.

Super exciting times ahead for you guys x
Thank you for your lovely reply.

I am so excited for her and the next minute I am in tears at the thought of it.

Thankfully, someone started a thread on her here last year about her daughter looking around at universities and so many people commented in the last year there has been so much support between us. I think it will carry on as they do their exams and start uni.

Toronto - how exciting! We went there last October and loved it and the university my daughter is going to does placements there. She is interested in that!
Old 17 Apr 19, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
Thank you for your lovely reply.

I am so excited for her and the next minute I am in tears at the thought of it.

Thankfully, someone started a thread on her here last year about her daughter looking around at universities and so many people commented in the last year there has been so much support between us. I think it will carry on as they do their exams and start uni.

Toronto - how exciting! We went there last October and loved it and the university my daughter is going to does placements there. She is interested in that!
Awe that’s great that you have lots of support on here from people in the same situation, it helps a lot to not feel so alone!

And yeah the study abroad thing was a major factor for my son in choosing which Uni to go to. He was always very keen to have that option for 3rd year. He’s loved it, but has also felt the pressure of the work load at the same time. He goes to St. Andrews here so it’s very different to UoT but he’s enjoyed the challenge and has had some amazing opportunities so it’s all good! I’m sure you’re daughter will love her Uni adventure 🙂