Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Apr 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
FixItFelix
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thank you so much soarintothemax, really appreciate you explaining everything so clearly. Makes a whole lotta sense now 😃
FixItFelix is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
soarintothemax
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by FixItFelix View Post
Thank you so much soarintothemax, really appreciate you explaining everything so clearly. Makes a whole lotta sense now 😃
Really hope you have a great trip FixitFelix!
soarintothemax is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 06:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Therigbys
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Apologies if this has been asked before. I've read that it makes sense to upgrade to DDP from QSDP if you want even one TS meal. My query is - I understand your QSDP credits can't be used for TB but can your DDP credits be used for QSDP? If that makes sense? Thank yoy
Therigbys is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Therigbys View Post
Apologies if this has been asked before. I've read that it makes sense to upgrade to DDP from QSDP if you want even one TS meal. My query is - I understand your QSDP credits can't be used for TB but can your DDP credits be used for QSDP? If that makes sense? Thank yoy
They can but I think it’s at the Cast Members discretion. It’s also a poor use of credits so it’s seldom done.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by ROL1983 View Post
Hope you don’t mind me asking a Dinng Plan question on this thread, and apologises if it’s been answered already.
Does anyone know what the cost will be to upgrade from the free breakfast to the QSDP?
Thanks.
Last year’s prices are in the first post. I’ll update with this year’s as soon as free dining is released.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Therigbys View Post
I would say that it doesn't make sense if you want to just have 1 meal. If that's all you want, it will be far cheaper to just pay for that out of pocket or use a gift card if you have one. You need to crunch the numbers to see if it's worth while. For our family of 4, all aged 10+, so classed as adults, it would cost us £952 to upgrade, so approximately $1220. Last time we only want to do 2-3 TS meals, so it worked out much cheaper to not upgrade and just pay. Plus, it meant that we kept all of our QS credits, as these were extra meals, rather than effectively trading in a QS credit for a TS credit which is what happens when you upgrade. So, the same number if overall meals, but half of them are TS. It's very poor value to use these for QS meals. So, you need to number crunch to see what's more cost effective. Don't forget to factor in tips at TS meals too which are usually 18-20% of the cost of the meal.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Connorsmummy
Trying for More Ears

We are looking at booking for next year with the disney dining plan staying at AK however this dining plan includes table service meals which tbh we don't want more then maybe 3 times on the holiday (we also have a wedding to go to while there so will be off site at least one day), can you use table service meals towards the character experience dinners or can we just eat at a QS place rather than a TS.
Connorsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Connorsmummy View Post
We are looking at booking for next year with the disney dining plan staying at AK however this dining plan includes table service meals which tbh we don't want more then maybe 3 times on the holiday (we also have a wedding to go to while there so will be off site at least one day), can you use table service meals towards the character experience dinners or can we just eat at a QS place rather than a TS.
Character meals are all table service anyway. You can also use 2 credits to eat at signature restaurants which are more expensive. Cinderella’s Royal Table for example will cost 2 table service credits. You can use TS credits for any meal so could use some for breakfast. If you really don’t want to eat at table service places you can exchange the credits for quick service meals.

Trip Report Index
Old 9 May 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
First updated to include 2020 upgrade prices per person per night.

Trip Report Index
Old 11 May 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Marge88
Earning More Ears

Sorry if this repetitive but can I confirm that on DDP at a QS restaurant children can still order off the adult menu if they don’t like anything on the children’s menu at no extra cost? Thank you.

Edited at 04:59 PM.
Marge88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List