Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 23 Apr 19, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Wonder if they will start phasing out the DP? Strange that they’ve removed certain resorts and room categories. Wonder if it’s the start of things to come? Perhaps food quality will improve if it goes?
That's free dining and yes, possibly. DDP as a paid option, never, it makes them way too much money.
Old 23 Apr 19, 05:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I doubt it will increase the quality unfortunately. Disney have enjoyed increased numbers and want to see how much they can cut and get away with it without impacting profits. They also have done a lot of cuts on staff numbers. Rooms are not as clean with all the cut your cleaning offers - they don't keep them constantly clean. Capacity on rides is cut and now waits are consistently high. The food quality is really gone down at disney ran restaurants. Agree - best options for TS and QS were all at disney Springs last trip

Shame really

They could try to phase out free dinning, without needing to improve anything. I feel unless people stop going they won't bother improving offering.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

We purchased the QSDP for our short trip in February. Looking back on it now I wish we had paid out of pocket as we spent a lot of time choosing options just to make the dining plan financially viable. On the other hand it was nice to know that it was already paid for.

The best QS meals we had were also at Disney Springs. It’s a shame they can’t have D-luxe Burger / Blaze Pizza food in the parks.
akhurstf1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by akhurstf1 View Post
We purchased the QSDP for our short trip in February. Looking back on it now I wish we had paid out of pocket as we spent a lot of time choosing options just to make the dining plan financially viable. On the other hand it was nice to know that it was already paid for.

The best QS meals we had were also at Disney Springs. It’s a shame they can’t have D-luxe Burger / Blaze Pizza food in the parks.
I’m still trying to work out whether to buy the QS for the first part of our stay. I know it will probably cost us more but I do like the idea of some of our food being paid for in advance.
Old 24 Apr 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
zavandor
Earning More Ears

I’m still trying to work out whether to buy the QS for the first part of our stay. I know it will probably cost us more but I do like the idea of some of our food being paid for in advance.
You can do this only if you have a split stay between different resorts. Otherwise the rule is that you have to buy the DDP for everyone in the room for the length of stay. The reason is obvious, they do not want you to optimize the use of the DDP and the more credits you waste the more they gain.
The best use of the DDP is to purchase the deluxe version (three table service credits which include appetizers) for one night only and use the credits over two days.
Buying it for one or two weeks is much more food that anyone can enjoy, but spreading three credits over two days is a good deal. But it requires to do a split stay with only one night at one resort, which can be annoying for other reasons.
zavandor is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by zavandor View Post
You can do this only if you have a split stay between different resorts. Otherwise the rule is that you have to buy the DDP for everyone in the room for the length of stay. The reason is obvious, they do not want you to optimize the use of the DDP and the more credits you waste the more they gain.
The best use of the DDP is to purchase the deluxe version (three table service credits which include appetizers) for one night only and use the credits over two days.
Buying it for one or two weeks is much more food that anyone can enjoy, but spreading three credits over two days is a good deal. But it requires to do a split stay with only one night at one resort, which can be annoying for other reasons.
Thanks for the info. We’re staying at SSR for 6 nights and then moving to CCV for 10. Thinking of getting the QS for our stay at SSR almost just as a bit of a tester to see how we get on with it. I quite like the idea of not having to find a tonne of extra cash for tips too. That mounts up!
Old 24 Apr 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Thanks for the info. We’re staying at SSR for 6 nights and then moving to CCV for 10. Thinking of getting the QS for our stay at SSR almost just as a bit of a tester to see how we get on with it. I quite like the idea of not having to find a tonne of extra cash for tips too. That mounts up!
Get the TIW Card and don't tip!

As it can last 13 Months the $150 cost can be quite cheap if you can get in 2 trips or more.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Get the TIW Card and don't tip!

As it can last 13 Months the $150 cost can be quite cheap if you can get in 2 trips or more.
I wish I could get 2 trips in this year but we've already had one this year I don't think we would get the value for TIW for us personally, works well for you I'm sure as you go so much
Old 24 Apr 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I wish I could get 2 trips in this year but we've already had one this year I don't think we would get the value for TIW for us personally, works well for you I'm sure as you go so much
Mmm, could be difficult. However if a 2020 trip is on the cards and was within the 13 months of your 2019 trip then it may suit.

The rule of thumb is 7 days usage sees you break even. Any more you are in profit.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Mmm, could be difficult. However if a 2020 trip is on the cards and was within the 13 months of your 2019 trip then it may suit.

The rule of thumb is 7 days usage sees you break even. Any more you are in profit.
Oh really? Perhaps I'll revisit that idea then. Thanks!