Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Apr 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

The only issue that I would have with a 2 night stay in NY is as others have said, lots to do and no time to do it.
I am guessing that you would be arriving in the afternoon and then commuting in from either Newark or JFK. This will mean that it is late afternoon/early evening before you get out. You then have one one full day before leaving the following one with a similar commute to your airport.
What to do in NY in an evening and a day? Times Sq? Broadway? 5th? Central Park? Up a skyscraper? 9/11 site and museum? Manhattan boat trip for views? USS Intrepid?
Our 1st trip to NY was 3 nights and this year we are doing another 3. There is simply so much to see and do. It is still well worth doing, though.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My brother and sil got back yesterday from a NY/Orlando split stay. Their U.K.-NY flight was cancelled so they were put on the next available flight which meant they didn’t get to the hotel in NY until 11.30pm when they should’ve been there about 3pm. Something to consider when only doing a two night stay? as they lost a full afternoon/evening.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tre85
VIP Dibber

We did 4 nights NY and 10 nights Orlando in October/November last year.

We booked through Charter Travel and they were the best price by a mile (even diying). Drop them an email, they come back really quickly and we couldn't fault them.
Old 23 Apr 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
The only issue that I would have with a 2 night stay in NY is as others have said, lots to do and no time to do it.
I am guessing that you would be arriving in the afternoon and then commuting in from either Newark or JFK. This will mean that it is late afternoon/early evening before you get out. You then have one one full day before leaving the following one with a similar commute to your airport.
What to do in NY in an evening and a day? Times Sq? Broadway? 5th? Central Park? Up a skyscraper? 9/11 site and museum? Manhattan boat trip for views? USS Intrepid?
Our 1st trip to NY was 3 nights and this year we are doing another 3. There is simply so much to see and do. It is still well worth doing, though.
We had a decent afternoon (arrived about 2), a full day and then most of the following day. We left for the airport about 3 I think. We had a 7pm flight to Orlando.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
clanny
Trying for More Ears

clanny's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

We’re doing it this summer only 15 days in Orlando and then 5 days in NYC.

Virgin were great as I’ve changed the booking three times now and Even got some money back.
clanny is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazfuk
I want to go now!

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
You can do it with BA if you do it as a multi city trip.

I booked all our flights, our new york hotel and and Orlando car hire as a package with BA.

You can book an Orlando hotel too but if you want WDW hotel is book that directly with WDW. no hassle and I find it much easier to deal with them myself than to go through a third party.
We did this a few years ago. Booked flights and NYC hotel via BA under the multi trip then booked via Disney our Disney stay. BA might even do that part also, but was just as easy doing the Disney stay via Disney

Next visit Sept 2020
Last visit May 2018
Bazfuk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List