Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Apr 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
GjDisney
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Honeymoon trip on a budget?

Evening

The missus and I are looking to cement our marriage with a trip to WDW May 2020.

We have been in touch with Virgin who have offered us Port Orleans with free table service dining, full car hire and park tickets for £6600. This is over 2 weeks.

We were looking at a budget of 5k due to wedding costs... we’ve never had to cut back before and have just accepted Virgin and their prices in the past.

Is a trip staying on site with table service etc achievable? I’d rather not go down the rabbit hole of DIY etc if it’s just a pipe dream.

Any agents or ideas are welcome.
GjDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GjDisney View Post
Evening

The missus and I are looking to cement our marriage with a trip to WDW May 2020.

We have been in touch with Virgin who have offered us Port Orleans with free table service dining, full car hire and park tickets for £6600. This is over 2 weeks.

We were looking at a budget of 5k due to wedding costs... we’ve never had to cut back before and have just accepted Virgin and their prices in the past.

Is a trip staying on site with table service etc achievable? I’d rather not go down the rabbit hole of DIY etc if it’s just a pipe dream.

Any agents or ideas are welcome.
Congratulations! But I must say this sounds way too expensive. To give you an idea, a DIY stay for 2 at Port Orleans Riverside with 14 day tickets and free quick service dining plan cost £3250 two years ago in September.. (booked with Disney direct and with BA flights on top, about £500 return each). Sure prices have increased since 2017, but not by 100%.. no car included in our trip but we didn't need one. Still, even factoring a car rental, I'm sure you'd come out cheaper that Virgin.

Edited at 09:05 PM.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
James_and_Shona
Earning More Ears

That £6,600 Virgin quote included return flights for 2 adults, right?
Orlando Celebration - April 2008
Kissimmee Travelodge - April 2004
James_and_Shona is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Jillzo
slightly serious Dibber

I would shop around! Try Kenwood Travel or Thomas Cook?! Ocean Florida had some fab 2020 deals, that's who we booked with for our 2020 trip! It might also be worth checking if it's cheaper to stay at a deluxe resort, with free dining plan, rather than a moderate and upgrading from the QS dining plan? Worth asking! IMO forget car hire to save money if your only doing Disney, save parking fees etc for the time your there!

Edited at 09:42 PM. Reason: Missed word
Jillzo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
cambsno
Serious Dibber

You can do so much better DIY.

I am off in a couple of days, 2 ad and 2 ch (one is 11 so counts as adult at Disney) - £1600 for flights with BA, £3k for 8 nights at CSR with 14 day tickets with QSDP included, £1,400 for 6 nights at Clarion Inn and 4 day US tickets, plus car hire of around £450.

As long as you are flexible on dates then getting a similar deal should be easy!
cambsno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Consider if you really need a car - Uber and lyft are really good and cheap and you can save the cost of parking as well as the actual hire.
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
bishbop56
Trying for More Ears

That is expensive. DIY would keep the costs down.

Currently 2 Weeks in POR (priced up today) is coming in at £3707 if you get the free quick service dining and upgrade to table service at approx £480 (considering prices do not change tomorrow)
Add on car hire with Florida discount hire which allows you to book without deposit and free cancellation with prices on the dates ive looked at starting at £315.
Flights you can get for around £500 each and quite possibly cheaper.
Altogether that is coming in at approx £5500.
A saving of £1100 in 5 minutes of checking.

Oh i randomly checked May 10th for 14 nights

Totally worth DIYing.

Its very easy yo do and can be addictive too. I took my first once in a lifetime trip back in 2015 and planning my 4th trip for next year

Edited at 12:00 PM.
bishbop56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List