Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Apr 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

I wear white pure cotton bootleg/cut trousers (full length as i get a rash on my upper ankle)in the parks with my white leather breathable runners.

At night i wear white linen shorter length trousers.

ALL tops light cotton and variety of necks and sleeves in case I get burned. so not all sleeveless or low neck or low back.just in case!

light colours for day and darker for night!

It gets so hot in the summer in orlando, so I need to wear white cotton to help reflect the heat!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

Depends on the weather but i tend to live in Maxi skirts or 3/4 length cotton trousers. I found that for skirts some anti-chaffing cream for my legs a good idea- it sounds weird but an anti-blister stick works well!
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I usually wear linen shorts from next, and loose fitting vest tops from Asda, a few times last year I wore cotton cycling shorts with long tops which was really comfy too. I’m a 20 and 5’4... I couldn’t wear leggings or trousers as Would be too hot for me. Will occasionally wear a cotton knee length dress but just in the evenings when out for dinner. Wear trainers, or sketchers sandals, and in the evening when not in the park I wear animal flip flops

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I tend to go for 3/4 length wide leg linen trousers from M&S or longer length shorts - with sleeveless tops or t-shirts. Generally wear Skechers trainers around the parks.
Old 24 Apr 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I wear calf length cotton skirts and cotton tee shirts. My legs have a lot of scarring on them so no way do I wear shorts now. I use Lanacane to stop the chub rub!

Edited at 01:42 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Can’t really advise personally but would say look for comfy shorts if you’re going in summer. Cycle shorts material is going to boil you in the bag! Or cotton to the knee type length dresses. Next have got quite a range of none fitted ones at the moment which look like they might be ideal. Would serve the purpose of nicer meal and park attire as well. I’ll see if I can find a photo to send.
Old 24 Apr 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Here you are. Goes up to size 22. 20 designs. I think they look lovely.

scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Don't discount skirts and dresses

I gave up wearing shorts a few visits ago and now am a firm convert to light cotton dresses.

Try George at Asda and Fred and Florence at Tesco and Tu at Sainsburys -you needn't spend a fortune as i often find great ones on Ebay.
I always avoid thin straps as i hate bra straps showing and go for ones that have thicker coverage on shoulders either V or round neck but still sleeveless.

I have had so many positive comments from absolute strangers in the park saying how nice my dresses looked !
My DH agrees with them

Funny I never got any such compliments when I went round in shorts
Probably because it gave me a less than flattering tied in the middle potato sack look (I hate every photo ever taken in shorts )

I am size 18/20 so no slim thing and find dresses so much cooler and have never had any problems on rides etc ...I just make sure I tuck under my legs and sit on excess material !

If concerned about chafing get some Bodyglide -Great stuff and non greasy!

I personally would find leggings etc too hot to consider underneath.
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Sofiamouse
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

Hi

I wear maxi dresses or really hot day joggers shorts and vest tops. I always take a cardigan for meals at night as the A/C can get cold. Have fun shopping 🛍
Sofiamouse is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
Can’t really advise personally but would say look for comfy shorts if you’re going in summer. Cycle shorts material is going to boil you in the bag! Or cotton to the knee type length dresses. Next have got quite a range of none fitted ones at the moment which look like they might be ideal. Would serve the purpose of nicer meal and park attire as well. I’ll see if I can find a photo to send.
I’ve got cycle shorts from New Look - they go up to a size 32. They’re not normal
Cycling short material, more stretchy to short material so they’re perfect! Would never wear Lycra in that heat! newlook/uk/womens/cl...ts/p/620379401

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List