Notices

View Poll Results: Which would you choose to celebrate a special birthday?
Wanyama Safari 7 7.00%
Yachtsman Steakhouse and specialty EPCOT fireworks cruise 32 32.00%
Both! You're only 40 once! 53 53.00%
Something else - please comment 8 8.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Oct 17, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
The Highway in the Sky Dine Around is fab - I have a review on my trip report from a couple of weeks ago (its the only report I've done so far),
Sounds fab but my DD will only be 15 at the time.

October 2009 Sequoia Lodge Disneyland Paris;
October 2011 Kissimmee Villa;
October 2013 Port Orleans Riverside WDW;
November 2015 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa;
November 2016 Hotel Santa Fe Disneyland Paris;
October 2019 Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW, DIBB Villa, Hard Rock Hotel & Grand Floridian WDW
LunaNyteskye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by LunaNyteskye View Post
How so? I had looked at the MK one too so would be good to get some comparisons of the two.
I think it's preference really but for me illuminations are more ground based so not as much wow factor as the mk ones . Mk are more Ariel and you don't appreciate just how big or wide the fireworks are when stood on Main Street .you actually miss a load of them. Also the castle as the back drop is wonderful . You get a tour of the lake as well and the water pageant.

What ever you choose I'm sure it will be special . The safari looks lovely 😊
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
In what way? Did it just not live up to expectations or was there something else?

I'm glad you enjoyed it, but the current menu is just not something we would enjoy.
The desert cruise wasn’t good value because the desert where only average and the drinks where not much better. The view for the fireworks was great and they have the music piped onto the ferry but you are too far from the castle to see what is projected onto it. Personally I would go for something else.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Thank you, it does look amazing. I somehow thought you wouldn't see the castle from the boat - despite having seen it from the boat on the way over to MK! I do wonder about myself sometimes.

I was of the mind that, as you say, with Illuminations being more ground based, you would get a better view of it from the boat?

MK fireworks have always been my favourite of the two though so that may now be back on the table!

October 2009 Sequoia Lodge Disneyland Paris;
October 2011 Kissimmee Villa;
October 2013 Port Orleans Riverside WDW;
November 2015 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa;
November 2016 Hotel Santa Fe Disneyland Paris;
October 2019 Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW, DIBB Villa, Hard Rock Hotel & Grand Floridian WDW
LunaNyteskye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
The desert cruise wasn’t good value because the desert where only average and the drinks where not much better. The view for the fireworks was great and they have the music piped onto the ferry but you are too far from the castle to see what is projected onto it. Personally I would go for something else.
Sorry, I didn't clock it was the ferry dessert cruise at MK you did. It's not the dessert cruise I was looking at, it's the Illuminations cruise at EPCOT. Have you done that one too?

Edited at 01:10 PM.
Old 17 Oct 17, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Thank you, it does look amazing. I somehow thought you wouldn't see the castle from the boat - despite having seen it from the boat on the way over to MK! I do wonder about myself sometimes.

I was of the mind that, as you say, with Illuminations being more ground based, you would get a better view of it from the boat?

MK fireworks have always been my favourite of the two though so that may now be back on the table!
Don’t forget things always look smaller on a photo as well. I can honestly say all 5 of us were totally blown away . From new reports the new fireworks are better so really don’t need to see the projections but I’ve booked the dessert party on the plaza just to make sure we see that park of the fireworks . I always think watching them from different view points makes them better as you do miss different things. I didn’t realise just how much of mk the fireworks cover until we did this. It’s $318 I think same as the illuminations one .
Sept 24 POFQ
Old 5 Nov 17, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Dont mind me
Trying for More Ears

Depends on the budget but this year for a special Birthday we did a small private dessert party at UK pubside in Epcot. We got to choose the food and drinks to suit us and it was AMAZING we honestly felt like royalty I believe you can ask about doing an add in of a ride at the end of the night too. I never realised you could do such a small party like this having seen the massive wedding events but you can. It's certainly not cheap but i'm so glad I found Lurkyloos blog that explained how to go about it!

My username is dontmindme_uk
Dont mind me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Mobile

Do it all! You're only 40 once!
Old 17 Jul 18, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

For my 40th 50th and our 30th and 35th anniversersys and our early retirement snowbird trips we've always done things out side the box
Discovery cove sea venture manatee swim on crystal river war birds flight parachute jump Daytona watched a launch from the beach Big Cat rescue and so many more out side of Disney as we feel we can do that any time
We loved V&A a anniversary gift from our sons but it cost us more for an on site night we went luxuary than the meal and tip and I've had better meals off site
Our favourite ever and it's our boys and their parntnrs too,now has been our meerkat experience at Busch which they don't do very often itbwas amazing just watching these little guys and getting to know them and their place in the community
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List