Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 10 Jun 18, 05:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

June/July 2018 -SSR & DDP trip report - what next?

Pre Trip report

The cast me - the not 40 year old yet! My DH and our 11 year old son

The plan was to mark my 40th birthday with a trip to WDW. Birthday in September, trip in October.

I looked into secondary schools for our son and I found out that most schools start their enrollment process in the middle of summer and October is busy. I moved the trip, booked flights for June July and few days later I got a letter in the post with early offer for our top choice school! I was little annoyed that I rushed to change plans, but I am over it

It's the middle of the year, the days are long, there are no closed headliners, no schools to worry about after we return - I am willing to call it I am 40 few months earlier for WDW!

Booked and paid for
Flying direct Dublin MCO with Aer Lingus
ESTA Travel insurance sorted
16 days SSR with DDP
Disney After Dark
Alamo car rental (I will do online check in tonight)

I love planning and rushing around the parks but my family would rather more chilled out holiday. I had to seriously cut down on plans and will hit the parks few days on my own to allow them more chilled out days. Lets see how this works? Not so sure I have it in me

I also try to eat healthy, which sometimes feels like a loosing battle but have good track record at WDW and will try to remain sensible again this trip

I don't do daily reports, I find it easier to locate my reports if they are one discussion and will try to update some notes while at Disney - so it it could be messy. I plan to use it as dinning, trip, shopping report

I will post few more updates on plans before we go, and this will turn to something like live report on 21st of June!

Edited at 05:30 AM. Reason: M
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Plans for the first 10 days

we are very light on ADRs considering we have DDP but honestly I don't fancy running around for meals. We will take our chances!

Edited at 06:49 PM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Look forward to following along

Joan
Old 13 Jun 18, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Exciting! Can’t wait to hear about your disney after hours experience as we are booked the week after.
Old 22 Jun 18, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Travel day

I hit the gym in the morning and kept moving and until boarding at 3pm I packed up 23000 steps! Glass of prosecco after US clearance...or was it 2? Bose noise cancelling headphones are amazing. I cant recall ever sleeping on plane before. Managed good few naps yesterday.

It was LONG day. Clearing emigration was easier then ever. The emigration officer was making jokes with our son. We were at the airport 3.5h early. Decided to have lunch at the airport. Bag drop took 10 minutes, 1st security 10, 2nd security and emigration another 10. We had lunch before US clearance For first time they didn't ask do you have food with you or did you pack your bag. They were so uncharacteristically chilled out and friendly.

1 hour wait to collect the bag at MCO was annoying when we were so tired. Alamo had some issues with our straight to garage form but managed to sort it out. They did asked for the original booking printout. I would like to tell you that I know what car we got. More details on car later. We had standard SUV booked and there were many to choose from. I think we end up getting dodge...

Drive to SSR took less than 30 min. We used room request with touring plans and we got room at grandstand as we requested. Very near the bus stop. Looking forward walking around in few hours - we didn't explore at all.

Lunch at Dublin airport. It was fine

Flight food Aer Lingus
Not very good to be honest

They also had ice cream and pretzels. All alcohol including wine was extra
Before arrival

They were very stingy with the water. We had a lot of bottles from dublin airport - the leave 1 euro, take a bottle stands are everywhere. Even when they offer a glass they would pour it half way only. I was happy we didn't rely on their water

SSR room. Check in was very quick and cm so friendly. All saying welcome home and super chatty

Edited at 08:11 AM.
Old 22 Jun 18, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Glad the travel went ok Alien!
I found the same with Aer Lingus the last time- when I flew to SF with them- it was as if the water was coming out of their own pocket, very stingy with it. I get really dehydrated esp when flying so it was ultra annoying and v off putting. Stark contrast to BA where they were practically throwing drinks/snacks at you. An ineffective and silly cost cutting measure if that is the reasoning behind it.
So welcome to Florida; wish I was there, and looking forward to hearing all about the trip (esp the weather )

P.S are you awake yet?!?!
Old 22 Jun 18, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Sipping my coffe enjoying the morning. Its just perfect. The birds are singing so peaceful

Edited at 11:19 AM.
Old 22 Jun 18, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
Sipping my coffe enjoying the morning. Its just perfect

My first morning while everyone sleeps - satisfying!
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
Sipping my coffe enjoying the morning. Its just perfect. The birds are singing so peaceful

Aahhhh, with you in spirit! Enjoy your holiday
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Looks amazing what a chilled start to your day
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List