Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 24 Jun 18, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

AK was phenomenal. We were there 7:15 and that was the walk towards Avatarland ahead of us

We were done with Flight of Passage by 8:15. It's incredible. We Na'vi River with about 15 minutes wait followed by Kilimanjaro Safari without wait

I cancelled my fast pass for Na'vi River. It's cool but we didn't want to do it second time and I felt it will make someone happy

We had Starbucks drinks and walked around the shops for little bit and took some photos

Lunch at Satuli was great. We were there at10:30

The bill for 3 QS was 68 or 3 credits and we used 2 credits to share the desserts. My son didn't like them. I loved the chocolate and hubby the other. The bowls are delicious. I once again ordered the cocktail and didn't drink it. No drink should be blue...the guys had iced tea and soda. It's so easy to be tempted with making use of your entitlements! In my defence I still had giant cold brew coffee in my hand

We decided that we are done with the park and were back at SSR by 11:30. We all really enjoyed the morning.

Part 2 to follow

Edited at 08:20 AM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Folks I don't fancy rope drop today and I wake up so silly early as I fall asleep so early! I need night time park plan

27000 steps yesterday! I left DH the man who complained about too little down time in charge and we got 0 swim time and no rest at all! He was asking to go to Disney Springs in the evening . Not a hope! He said I want to do everything.

We are due to do EMH at HS but I don't feel like it

Edited at 10:31 AM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Mobile

Old 24 Jun 18, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Sounds like you are having a great trip,we are in paddock area,very close to Disney springs,in a 2 bed.well done for trip report,with 2 boys with asd getting things done is hard enough,no time for report.everyone here is asleep,like you I'm up early,watching the sun rise!.enjoy your day, maybe we will bump into each other!
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 18, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Day 2.
We were back at SSR by 10 and decided to go to Millennial Mall. We love this Mall and were happy with few good sales too. I went to Athleta Antropologie Lululemon. My husband and son went to Abercrombie and Fitch, Macys, vans. We all had quick stop to the rack to get one perfume my husband likes and were back home by 5. We will have to go back!

Back home we were tired and hungry and happy to get ADR for Turf Club. Best service on property so far including Cali Grill
They started us off with garlic rosemary warm bread and butter and the guys said were great. DS opted for kids menu and we paid for it oop. Wholewheat penne with some meat sauce. DH prime rib - delicious. The waitress refused to it him choose chicken - she was so funny. Later she didn't let him stick to his desert option too! He jokingly said "great! Another woman that wants to make my choices for me "

I opted for steak. Very tasty

I had glass of prosecco and hubby cocktail and he enjoyed it.

We were offered free soft drinks as part of the dinning plan and also coffee if we wish. The service and food were great. I end up having the kids meal apple slices as dessert. There were fights over the peanut butter and chocolate dessert!

We did about 27000 steps and were ready for movie & sleep after the meal. Oh who I am kidding! I fell asleep. Great day

Hubby complains about me rushing him around. He was in charge Saturday. We got 0 swim or rest time. He said there are just too many fun things to do. I KNOW! That's what I have been saying.

We discussed that we do not want to rope drop HS and fancy pool time and potentially evening visit to park but as I feel asleep I didn't make the changes.

Edited at 09:51 AM.
Old 25 Jun 18, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Few pics from yesterday

At about 5 I decided that we need easy morning. Pool time 8 to 10:30, managed to book Cali Grill brunch - there were few options available and I went with 12 15. Rest if we need it. Theme park in the evening. I scored test track fast pass 6 to 7. Booked Living with the land at 4 and mini pixar movies at 5

I think my expectations for Cali Grill were too hight and while really good it's once and done for me. I hated the unlimited drink, I wish they just serve prosecco. The food was very good. It's the only place I opted to give the lower 18 % tip so far. She was good but not as good as SSR and yet the tip is double. DS loved the steak. DH loved shrimp and grits. We shared pancakes. I had the egg benedict and i have had better for 13 euro in Dublin. They were let down

Valet parking is supposed to be included but nobody told is about it. Our adr was 12 15 and on check in we were told we can't be seated early. I asked if we can wait upstairs and yes we could. We went up and were given drinks while we wait for our adr time. Before we got chance to sit down we were told there is table ready for us. It's fine. Is it 100 USD per person fine? Not for me. Free ddp perhaps but would not pay oop

Edited at 10:32 AM.
Old 25 Jun 18, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

$ 80 for brunch is a lot; def would not do it oop.
Well done on getting the last minute reservations for CG and in Epcot as well!

How's the weather
Old 25 Jun 18, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. I lay odds your server in the Turf Club was Toby judging by the comment about joking around!
Lovely lady and we get on so well as like me she is bonkers!

Forgive me if I am being thick but the pictures above I assume are brunch in the Cali?
If so is it $80 for food in a box!

Wow!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 12:44 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 18, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. I lay odds your server in the Turf Club was Toby judging by the comment about joking around!
Lovely lady and we get on so well as like me she is bonkers!

Forgive me if I am being thick but the pictures above I assume are brunch in the Cali?
If so is it $80 for food in a box!

Wow!
Sorry I need to finish off the post. The last pic is Epcot dinner. The sushi at call grill is superb. It's classy event, not box at all
Old 25 Jun 18, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

More on weather and how things went in Epcot later tea. Need to get ready for TL but I would come again at this time without hesitation

I would probably forget about rope drops as they are horrible and not as beneficial as October but so far we manage to change things very easy. This morning I booked pm fp+ for star wars, rock coaster and tower of terror.

There was adr availability for ohana boma chef Mickey and many More!

Edited at 10:33 AM.