Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Dogwalker View Post
Tofu and tequila is my jam
Such a weird combination
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
It's 5 o'clock Somewhere!

I’m not a drinker. No, honestly, I’m really not. I’m a bit like the drinking equivalent of a social smoker. The only time I drink is when I go out or on holiday. Of course, I’m having to have 3 holidays a year now just to keep up my drinking habit

Seriously I do love a good cocktail and I like to make the most of the opportunity to enjoy a couple of drinks while on holiday. DH is normally driving in the evenings (as we tend to eat offsite a lot, remember) so I am often the only one drinking. I am looking forward to having some drinking buddies along on this trip.

So, let’s take the opportunity to talk cocktails and I will share some of my favourites with you…

I was going to do a kind of reverse order top 10 countdown, but I can’t wait any longer to talk about my favourite cocktail ever…

Behold the Mighty Cosmopolitan

Now I have cheated a little bit here and used a picture which was not taken in Orlando. The more observant among you will see that this photo was actually taken in the R Lounge of the Marriott Hotel, New York Times Square (which I can highly recommend if anyone is visiting, by the way). This is, without a doubt, one of the most perfect Cosmopolitans I have ever had (and I’ve had a lot). It is my go-to drink and always, always the first drink I will look for on a cocktail menu. It will undoubtedly be the first cocktail of the holiday too.

Poolside Lemonade

This little beauty has unfortunately not been on the Disney World pool menus for a few years now, and it is rare to find a bartender on property who knows how to make one. Luckily, my very favourite bartender at Disney World, Joe, from the Leaping Libations pool at Boardwalk Resort knows just how to make the perfect Poolside Lemonade. And this is the main reason I keep coming back to the Boardwalk year after year. If you like fruity and sweet, yet ever so slightly sour, cocktails, this is the drink for you, my friends.

The Magnificent Mojito

I do love a Mojito. So refreshing on a hot summer's day. It has to be made right, not too rummy and not too sweet, with plenty of lime. One of my favourite things at the Food & Wine Festival last year was the Frozen Mojito from the Caribbean Booth.

Hope they have it again this year

Yak Attack

Another go-to drink, a visit to Animal Kingdom is not complete without one of these. In the unlikely event that we aren’t dining at Yak and Yeti (a rare occurrence indeed), I can always get one from the ‘to go’ window. You can’t beat a frozen drink on a hot August day.

Talking of which, since we have a 3 night cruise at the end of this holiday, I will definitely be taking the opportunity to enjoy a couple of these...

Frozen Raspberry Daiquiri

I first discovered this drink on a Disney Cruise a few years ago and was immediately hooked. It is seriously so refreshing when you are lying, baking, next to the pool. The even better thing about this drink is my friend, Kim, likes it too, but since she doesn’t drink much, she always asks the bartender to go light on the alcohol in hers and put the extra into mine. Winner, winner, drunk for dinner

Grey Goose Citron Slush

There are two drinks I love at Epcot, both of them frozen drinks. This is the first – I keep telling myself I need to try the Grand Marnier but can’t seem to sway away from my fave! When I took my daughter for her 21st Birthday four years ago, I was so excited for her to try it – and so very disappointed when she didn’t like it – for about 2 seconds until I realised that meant I got to drink both of them

Moroccarita

The second of my beloved Epcot frozen drinks is the Moroccarita. Many people make the mistake of thinking this is a kind of Margarita and, actually, so did I, avoiding it like the plague on our first few trips because I thought it contained the dreaded tequila (something I haven’t drunk at all since a fateful night about 27 years ago, involving a lot of tequila and culminating in me needing stitches). Anyway, I digress (so unlike me) – this drink is, in fact, vodka-based and fruity, containing lemon and lime flavours, making it absolutely perfect for me. For some reason, I couldn’t find a picture so I ‘borrowed’ this one from the interwebs (credit to A Walk in the Park: WDW Edition)

As I said, hubby isn't much of a drinker. He does really enjoy fruity ciders, but particularly the mixed fruit and strawberry/lime variety. On a trip last August, he also discovered Ace Pineapple Hard Cider, which he really likes too.

But when on vacation, and particularly when he's with his 'brother' Terry he loves nothing more than an...

Amaretto Sour

Gary and Terry love to drink Amaretto Sours…in the hot tub. Can you say “bromance”?

I am sure there are many, many others that I have missed and it’s fair to say there are certainly other cocktails that will be making an appearance in this dining report, not least because Linda is bound to be having a margarita - or ten. And DD has a few drinks on her ‘list’, one of them being the Grand Marnier slush, so I may actually get to try it myself this year.
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Dogwalker
VIP Dibber

Loving the cocktail update!
Cocktail wise, I'm really looking forward to trying out a couple of new ones at Nomad Lounge
Not sure what to go for a Trader Sam's? I might try the Polynesian Pearl as I've not had that yet.
I really want to try the Pineapple Hard Cider as well and I'm pretty sure I can get that at the Poly
Eek not long now
Dogwalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

Where do you find the morrocorita? That looks right up my street!

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Originally Posted by Dogwalker View Post
Loving the cocktail update!
Cocktail wise, I'm really looking forward to trying out a couple of new ones at Nomad Lounge
Not sure what to go for a Trader Sam's? I might try the Polynesian Pearl as I've not had that yet.
I really want to try the Pineapple Hard Cider as well and I'm pretty sure I can get that at the Poly
Eek not long now
I will probably have the Mojito at Trader Sam's, the other drinks tend to be heavy on dark rum and I'm not a fan. You never know though.

Yeah they have the Pineapple Hard Cider at the Poly, I think that is what Gary had last time we went to Trader Sam's with you and Phil.

Originally Posted by Clamshell View Post
Where do you find the morrocorita? That looks right up my street!
It's from Oasis Slushies in Morocco, Epcot. As you are walking through Morocco towards France, it's on the right-hand side just before you get to Spice Road Table. Thanks for reading along
Old 12 Aug 18, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

The cocktails look great!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
I will probably have the Mojito at Trader Sam's, the other drinks tend to be heavy on dark rum and I'm not a fan. You never know though.

Yeah they have the Pineapple Hard Cider at the Poly, I think that is what Gary had last time we went to Trader Sam's with you and Phil.

It's from Oasis Slushies in Morocco, Epcot. As you are walking through Morocco towards France, it's on the right-hand side just before you get to Spice Road Table. Thanks for reading along
Lovely, thank you! I’ll keep reading in case I spot any more that I like! 😃
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Love cocktails except a mojito.the only thing mint should be served with is lamb 😀
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Just spotted your pre-trip report. Your plans sound great. I will be reading along.

Have a fantastic time.
Old 15 Aug 18, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
The cocktails look great!
Thanks, I cannot wait for my first cocktail of the holiday - 3 days to go!

Originally Posted by Clamshell View Post
Lovely, thank you! I’ll keep reading in case I spot any more that I like! 😃
I hope you will - I like fruity, sweet cocktails with a bit of sour so if that's your thing, stay tuned...

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Love cocktails except a mojito.the only thing mint should be served with is lamb 😀
I never really liked Mojitos before, but I think it is all about how they're made. If made correctly, you really can't taste the mint that much, it's more of an undertone. My very first Mojito had tiny bits of mint floating in it that went up the straw every time I took a sip - ugh! I do like mint served with roast lamb too though - yum

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Just spotted your pre-trip report. Your plans sound great. I will be reading along.

Have a fantastic time.
Thanks, excitement levels are at a high here with just 3 days to go.