Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 1 Oct 18, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
lua1904
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

After a four year break we're back and we're deluxe dining - live!

Hello

I love reading food trip reports so have decided to post brief high and low lights of our trip to Orlando this year. We haven't been to Orlando for four years and to Disney for five years so this trip we treated ourselves and are trying out some old favourites and some new places.

It's myself and my husband, we are mid to late thirties and we will eat most things, I love a cocktail or red wine and Tom usually has a beer.

We've been here a few days now so I have a few days to get caught up on.

Hope you enjoy
lua1904 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 18, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
lua1904

Our first meal was at Paddlefish.

I had a classic margarita with black salt and Tom had a Bud Light.

I started with the Ahi Poke which was delicious and Tom had the lobster corn dogs.

For main course I had the scallops with cauliflower purée and crispy Brussel sprouts and Tom had creamy shrimp linguine. I'm a big fan of Brussel sprouts and these were really good.

For dessert Tom had a brownie freakshake.

The food was good and a great way to spend our first night at Disney.
lua1904 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 18, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lua1904

We don't really do breakfast and most mornings we have used snack credits for frappuccinos from Starbucks so we can save our dining credits for signature restaurants.

You can get any size of drink from Starbucks for a snack credit. You can also use snack credits for cookies/cupcakes and huge cinnamon rolls but not savoury items.
Old 1 Oct 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
lua1904

On Saturday we spent the day at Animal Kingdom. The new Pandora section looks amazing but I have to admit that the Na'vi river journey was hoping that the Flight of passage is better when we go back next week.

We went to Yaki and Yeti for lunch and shared pot stickers and wok fried green beans, followed by crispy honey chicken and coconut prawns - this was a great meal, there was loads of choice on the menu.

Unfortunately our mains arrived about 2 minutes after the starter which was annoying. The portions were massive and fair bit was boxed up to take back with us.
Old 1 Oct 18, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

That scallops dish looks great! Love crispy sprouts.
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 18, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Loving the Brussels sprouts !
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 18, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

The scallops and Brussels sprouts is a dream come true!
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lua1904

Dinner on Saturday was at Flying Fish. We were a bit early so I had a watermelon margarita and Tom had a Bud Light on the Boardwalk.

The food here was so good. Tom started with snow crab croquettes and I had mussels with micro basil and Chardonnay broth. This came with cherry tomatoes and pieces of toasted ciabatta it tasted so fresh!

For mains Tom tried the new seafood risotto which the server described as a mix of paella and risotto - this was a big hit! I had the wagyu filet with asparagus, sweet onion risotto and truffle butter sauce. The sauce was really rich and I was glad I'd asked for it on the side. I had a glass of chateau Neuf du paper as my dining plan drink.

Tom ate the coca beach dessert which was a chocolate and hazelnut cake that had warm chocolate ganache poured over it so that it melted.
Old 1 Oct 18, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymum23
Proud to wear my Ears

Food looks amazing!
dizzymum23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 18, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
lua1904

On Sunday we visited Epcot and had the same breakfast of frappuccinos. We had an early lunch at Via Napoli.

There was no appetiser that I liked the sound of as it was all very fried so I was allowed to switch the starter for a contadina salad which was rocket, pear, pecorino cheese and candied walnuts - the salad was Light but absolutely huge so we shared it and Tom had grilled garlic scampi - I tasted a little and it was really tasty.

I had a red sangria and we both ordered individual pizzas - Tom had spicy sausage and I had a Capriciossa which was ham, mushroom, artichoke and aubergine - these pizzas were amazing; perfectly wood fired and slightly chewy.

There weren't any desserts that we fancied but we did nip next door to Germany and get a Carmel brownie and some popcorn for later.

We then walked round the world showcase and went back to Old Key West for a swim.