Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 6 Jan 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirsty2tt
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'm loving reading along and had exactly the same experience with the steaks in mama Melrose. I was so disappointed but we weren't the only family not happy as 3 other tables seated around us mentioned to staff the steak was inedible as it was just too fatty to chew. Can't wait to keep reading.
Old 6 Jan 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kirsty2tt View Post
I'm loving reading along and had exactly the same experience with the steaks in mama Melrose. I was so disappointed but we weren't the only family not happy as 3 other tables seated around us mentioned to staff the steak was inedible as it was just too fatty to chew. Can't wait to keep reading.

Oh no, sorry you had the same experience too. I think if we'd had other meals our views of the restaurant would change. I think we may try it again but no steaks ... hmmmm choices. They really do need to look into better quality steak though. Thank you for reading, I'm glad your enjoying it x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Kirsty2tt
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Yes I'm sure if we chose something else we would have really enjoyed it. The problem is my daughter loves steak and seeks it out wherever we go. We are returning in August but only have qsdp this time so no steaks for her!
Old 7 Jan 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post

Oh no, sorry you had the same experience too. I think if we'd had other meals our views of the restaurant would change. I think we may try it again but no steaks ... hmmmm choices. They really do need to look into better quality steak though. Thank you for reading, I'm glad your enjoying it x
As you probably know I loved the steak at MM but when I hear others didn’t it makes me worry that, with the inconsistency of some the restaurants I may be disappointed next time?!

It’s the same with you guys and TH you enjoyed your meal but I didn’t. (I suppose it didn’t help that we were running after Donald to meet him because he missed our table out and went for a break, we had to get a cast member to go and fetch him! On top of the hair, I was disappointed ☹️ Maybe I’d give lunch a try if we went back? )

Anyhoo, such is life 😂 .

I love the dinning plan and can’t wait to try some new places! 😃

Really enjoying your report! 👍🏻

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kirsty2tt View Post
Yes I'm sure if we chose something else we would have really enjoyed it. The problem is my daughter loves steak and seeks it out wherever we go. We are returning in August but only have qsdp this time so no steaks for her!
My daughters the same! With not liking potatoes too this was the perfect restaurant for her. Oh dear, I'm sure she'll find plenty of other lovely food that she would enjoy!

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
As you probably know I loved the steak at MM but when I hear others didn’t it makes me worry that, with the inconsistency of some the restaurants I may be disappointed next time?!

It’s the same with you guys and TH you enjoyed your meal but I didn’t. (I suppose it didn’t help that we were running after Donald to meet him because he missed our table out and went for a break, we had to get a cast member to go and fetch him! On top of the hair, I was disappointed ☹️ Maybe I’d give lunch a try if we went back? )

Anyhoo, such is life 😂 .

I love the dinning plan and can’t wait to try some new places! 😃

Really enjoying your report! 👍🏻

Kat
That's how I feel too Kat you just never know if your going to have wasted your time and credits or not, but it's trial and error really isn't it, especially as different people have different tastes.

That's exactly it, I think once you've had a bad experience you are more skeptical of re-trying it, but again, I've heard mixed reviews of TH. We loved the breakfast but we did have a good experience. If I found a hair in my food I wouldn't have been able to eat at all. We went away in November and I found 3 bones in one piece of fish and that was me put off for the rest of the meal, I just couldn't eat it1

We loved the dining plan too, I was just going to keep the QSDP next time but I think Chris is wanting to do character meals again so we may end up upgrading again

Thank you xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
lovely this x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Day 12

Day 12 ~ Port Orleans Food Court, Be Our Guest, Epcot Eating Around The World, Snacks for Illuminations ~ 8th November 2018

I apologise now as I didn't taken any notes at all today and tomorrow, I was in the Disney blues already and I was in a bit of a mood with myself I didn't even post my blog online so today and tomorrow is rather sketchy.

I have no photos of breakfast so I can only guess that we snacked in the room, we did have rather a lot of snacks left that we knew needed eating before we left.

We went to the bus stop via reception and called into Fultons General Store to grab some snacks for the kid's. Caitlin choose chocolate coins, Noah chose a rice crispy treat and Thomas chose a jaw breaker.

This was 3 SNACK credits.

Be Our Guest

We had a lunch reservation at 1pm at Be Our Guest, as we'd already been for breakfast we knew what we were doing. We had pre ordered on the app so went to the shorter queue. We were hoping to get into the room with the rose but it was full, we sat in the Ballroom before so we opted for the other room (can't remember the name). Now if I remember correctly we did wait quite a while for the food to come. We ordered the following:

Me:

French Dip Sandwich* - Served on a Baguette with Au Jus and Pommes Frites - $16.99

I really enjoyed this, it was a lot more filling than I thought. The dip made the sandwich not as dry. The fries were crispy and hot too. I would have this again.

Chris:

[I]Braised Pork (Coq Au Vin Style)Eight Hour Slow-cooked Pork with Mushrooms, Onions, Carrots and Bacon served with Mashed Potatoes and Green Bean Jardiniere - $16.99

Chris really enjoyed this meal, he said it was quite different to what we had been eaten and it was a nice change.

Caitlin:

Carved Turkey Sandwich - Carved Turkey Sandwich on Multigrain Bread with Sweet Potato Wedges and Peach Applesauce - $8.99

Caitlin had basically just a turkey sandwich. She gave her fries to Noah. She ate half then decided she didn't like it We tasted it and it did have a bit of a weird taste but it was still edible.

Thomas and Noah:

Grilled Cheese and Turkey Noodle Soup - Grilled Cheese with Turkey Noodle Soup and Green Beans - $8.99

They had both opted to swap their green beans for fries. They enjoyed these and ate most of their meals. Caitlin ate most of the chicken noodle soup.

I had a Bellini with mine which was nice and refreshing, everyone else had a fountain drink.

We had also pre-ordered 2 cupcakes as I wanted to try the grey stuff and Chris wanted a cupcake too.

We ordered:

The Master's Cupcake -Chocolate Sponge Cake topped with Lumiere’s special “Grey Stuff” - $4.99

Lemon Meringue Cupcake- Vanilla Sponge Cake, Lemon Custard Filling and Flamed Meringue Icing - $4.99

I enjoyed this, it wasn't anything special but it was nice to try 'the grey stuff' which is just buttercream with grey food colouring Chris theirs his too.

This was 5 QS credit and 2 SNACK credits

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"] Club Cool

Caitlin, Noah and I went to Club Cool, whilst Chris and Thomas rode Soarin'. We tried the different drinks, through other posts I knew about Beverley so I avoided that ... however I didn't tell Caitlin that I haven't got any photos but I did manage to get a video which we love looking over

Before we left we went to get a raspberry Fanta slushie to share, sadly it wasn't working, so we opted for a Coke one instead, the CM gave it to us for free

Eating Round World Showcase

As my notes are basically none existant this part may be sketchy. We went to a booth near Canada (it was one of the food and wine ones that did poutine. We got a coke, water and pineapple float. Chris asked for the pineapple float but he doesn't like pineapple! No idea why he ordered it and he doesn't know either. Caitlin like's pineapple but she doesn't like ice cream so it ended up being wasted.

This was 2 SNACK credits.

Next up we headed to Canada and got the cheddar cheese soup and fliet mignon to share. We both really enjoyed the Filet. We liked the soup however I did find it a bit too rich, the boys loved the pretzel bread

As you can see there was 59 snack credits left after this.

Next up we headed to the UK pavillion, where the boys shared a fish and chips with a sprite.

Chris and I also tried these and they were quite nice, the portion wasn't huge though.

This was 1 QS credit.

Next we headed round to France and went to Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie. There was so many different things we wanted to try here but we knew we'd have to carry them around the Epcot for the evening and they probably wouldn't fare too well so we got a Macaroon and an Eclair to share. I wasn't too keen on the Macaroon but Chris enjoyed it and the Eclair was lovely too.

In the USA we got a funnel cake to share with powdered sugar. Now this was lovely, we all really enjoyed this and probably could have had another to share between us!

Next we headed to Karamell-Kuche for snacks for Illuminations, we were dying to try the caramel popcorn. We also got a snack each from the counter. I can't remember everything we got I'm afraid so will just have to go off pictures.

We also got some bottles of pop here too. Thomas enjoyed their cookies and Caitlin enjoyed her caramel covered strawberry. We all loved the caramel popcorn. I think Chris got the butter bar and he found it really really sickly. I got a snickerdoodle which I really enjoyed too. Not enjoyed his caramel covered marshmallow.

This was about 14 SNACK credits.

Snacks: 25 USED – 42 LEFT
QS Credits:6 USED- 14 LEFT
TS Credits: 0 USED - 10 LEFT

Edited at 01:10 PM.
Old 13 Jan 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by summersun View Post
lovely this x
Thank you for reading glad your enjoying it x
Old 13 Jan 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Day 12 ~ Tony's Festival Of Fantasy Parade, Snacks, Raglan Road, Disney Springs ~ 9th November 2018

I apologise now as I didn't taken any notes at all for today either. I was in the Disney blues already and I was in a bit of a mood with myself I didn't even post my blog online so it's rather sketchy.

I have no photos of breakfast so I can only guess that we snacked in the room again, we did have rather a lot of snacks left that we knew needed eating before we left.

Lunch was at:

Tony's Town Square - Festival of Fantasy Parade

We had a lunch reservation at 12.20pm. We arrived around 12.10pm and were seated pretty quickly. We all ordered soft drinks. As part of the Festival of Fantasy Parade you can order 3 courses, as the parade started at 2pm we opted to not get a starter. This is the menu:

We were brought a plate of bread to share which was like a foccacia bread.

We then ordered our mains.

Me:

Roman-style Steak- Balsamic-glazed Beef Tenderloin Medallions topped with Bacon Marmalade, Local Vegetables, and Truffle-scented Mashed Potatoes - $36

I really enjoyed this meal, I think mainly because of the broccoli The only issue I had was the steak was a bit fatty, but it wasn't as bad as CRT steak. I think ate almost all of it.

Chris:

Italian Trio- Three classic favorites on one dish! Chicken Parmigiana, Fettuccine Alfredo, and Spaghetti with Pork-Beef Meatball - $32

Chris really enjoyed this meal, he loved having the 3 different meals altogether and he said they were all cooked really nicely.

Caitlin:

Tony's Pizza Pie- Blend of Cheeses and Tony's Pizza Sauce - $19

Caitlin really enjoyed this pizza and had declared it her favourite pizza of the holiday. It was nice and crispy.

Thomas:

Macaroni & Cheese - served with choice of two (2) Selections and choice of Small Lowfat Milk, Small Dasani® Water, or Small Minute Maid® Apple Juice - $10

Thomas enjoyed this although it did get sickly after a while, he managed just over half of this. I tried it and it was quite nice.

Noah:

Noah just had his usual plain pasta

For dessert we opted to share:

Cannoli- Ricotta Cream-filled Shells dusted with Powdered Sugar - $8

We also got a chocolate type dessert but I think it was a special and I can't find it on the website.

We weren't keen on the cannoli at all, we found it quite strange tasting, but it was our first ever one. The chocolate cake thing was lovely and I really enjoyed this one, luckily no one else did so I got the majority of it

I know Tony's gets a lot of stick for not being very good, but we really enjoyed our meals here (apart from the steak) everything was nicely cooked and tasty and service was good too. We'll definitely go back, especially for the seating for the FoF parade.

This was 5 TS credits.

I got a couple of drinks and a bag of sweets from the Main Street Confectionery as some snacks for the parade.

This was 3 SNACK credits.

Raglan Road

Our reservation was 7pm, we were seated by 6.50pm as we were a little early. The atmosphere in here is great, we were seated in a side room which was best for us as it was a little too loud for Noah. Pictures in here aren't great as the lighting is awful!

We ordered drinks first.

Chris and I opted for cocktails and water, but I can't remember what we ordered Kid's had soft drinks.

We were brought out some soda bread which I loved. I've never had soda bread before and with the balsamic dip it was lovely. No one else liked it.

Chris and I ordered:

Fish & Chips- Our famous beer battered fish and chips served with our fresh tartar sauce - $22

Caitlin:

Serious Steak- 10oz sirloin, mashed potatoes, battered onion rings and whiskey peppercorn sauce - $29

The boys both had kids fish and chips but for some reason I don't have a photo of theirs.

We all really enjoyed our meal in here and coupled in with the entertainment and atmosphere it was great and we'd definitely return. It seems we were finding all the best restaurants towards the end of our holiday

We ordered desserts:

Apple Crumble- Fresh Granny Smith apple crumble with vanilla ice cream and crème anglaise - $10

Raglan Delight- Raspberry pavlova with vanilla ice cream and raspberry coulis - $10

Fluffy Lemon Clouds- Intense lemon curd tart topped with fluffy meringue - $10

The boys got chocolate ice cream each.

We all really enjoyed these desserts. I had the apple crumble and it was so tasty and I loved how it was presented too. Caitlin had the lemon tart and she really enjoyed that too. Chris had the pavlova and he also enjoyed his. This was definitely one of the nicest meals we'd had where almost everyone cleared their plates.

This was 5 TS credits.

Next up we headed round to Ghiradelli to use up some snack credits, I think we used about 10 snack credits on various different chocolates to bring back home but I have no record of this (Told you I had no notes) Tomorrow is even worse

So tomorrow's the final day, we have 29 SNACK credits and 14 QS credits to get through! Wish us luck!

Snacks: 13 USED – 29 LEFT
QS Credits:0 USED- 14 LEFT
TS Credits: 10 USED - 0 LEFT

Edited at 10:12 PM.
Old 13 Jan 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Just read all your food report so far in one go. Fabulous, really enjoying it. I do love the food reports. It's so nice to see photo's of the food and the portion size.
Loobylou_82 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List