Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 20 Jan 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
So in the end you got £11/point but you’d be looking for £15/point from theDibb?

I rented on here a few years ago for £10/point. Rented them all in 3 or 4 transactions. The main reasons I didn’t go with Dave’s is he holds onto part of your money until check in. Which in my case was 11 months away. I was renting to pay for a different holidays so i didn’t want to wait 11 months for the final 30%.

You can get $14.50 from Daves which is £11.26 at the moment. I think you’d get £11/point on theDibb.

Yep. I accepted £11 for the lack of hassle, for £15 I'd be doing more of the effort making sure the renter got what they wanted. The £4 a point Dave is doing that effort for me.

Most bookings, by volume are through Daves, booking direct with a UK owner has advantages.

The point is people are happy to rent from from Daves at $18 a point, for an anonymous booking. They can book with a UK owner with a UK number who they call and organise the booking person to person. phone

I believe David undervalues the product. Simple as that. DVC may be equal point per point but say Xmas for example CCV is worth way more than AKV, at Food and Win BWV are worth more than CCV.

My 11 month booking window is valuable.

Who is losing? No one. Devaluing to the points £10 and less is self defeating.
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I had bought a contract (was taken ROFR) from a guy who had dozens of them, used to rent the points out. He was once on here I believe. When I checked him out on the OC Comptroller's website he literally had dozens of contracts and was renting them all out. Some of his staff left (he ran a DVC Resale Website) and I think he was also winding down the rental business. This suggests to me it wasn't worth his while anymore.
Dave just upped his rental rates by a $ but only gave the owner an extra 50 cents- a bit cheeky- he makes his margin, and that increase should all have gone to the owner in my view. However, he does offer an excellent service so convenience has some price.
Old 20 Jan 19, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Can I just add that as someone who has rented a few times on here from kind owners... There are some like us who want long term rents of a lot of points and pay upfront.

As long as you state you want long term renters I am sure you'll find takers.

We've stayed in the Aulani, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian and SSR resorts thanks to kind renters and its great that its fellow dibbers.

So don't rule out the thedibb completely as you cut out the middle man and we should all benefit.
Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

I’ve only rented our points out once but really liked the conversation exchanges between the Dibbers I rented to.
Old 21 Jan 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
howerd
VIP Dibber

Sorry another question about renting out our points on the dibb:

How does the process normally work? Would we send them an agreement, they return with payment and then we make the booking? Or do we make the booking before they pay? Just trying to get my head around how it would work...
howerd is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 06:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I am another ‘long term renter’.

On my currrnt trip I rented 2 x studios at BLT for 6 nights, 2 x studios at AKV for 6 nights, 2 x studios at BCV for 6 nights and then 1 studio at SSR for 12 nights (moved to BC after 4 and been here since - 12 nights now).

We like to rent for longer periods 7-14 nights and have never been lucky enough to snap up Dibb DVC points as we require so many points and often other Dibbers have nabbed 2 nights here and 1 night there so owners can’t fulfil my request.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 19, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

I have rented out points, and am currently renting out points on here - there's a specific section for it under DVC. Always rented at £10ppt which I think is fair, although I can see that going up eventually! It's mostly been hassle free and haven't yet encountered any problems with renters, just availability!
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Diva
Imagineer

This thread has opened my eyes to the value of DVC points, I am looking to rent again (have previously rented twice off here) what would you say is a reasonable estimate - trying to budget but would be for at least 4 nights £12 per point? many thanks
WDW 2020 POR
Disney_Diva is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Jasonharry
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I am about to close on my resale purchase which comes with banked points I am unable to use. I have been researching David’s dvc and will probably go through them, but this thread got me wondering about renting through here. What are the dangers of renting through here? And how do renters trust we won’t cancel the reservation? Is it all mainly trust?
For anyone that has rented which way did they find easier? I’m guessing David’s so can get rid of them all in one go?
Jasonharry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jasonharry View Post
I am about to close on my resale purchase which comes with banked points I am unable to use. I have been researching David’s dvc and will probably go through them, but this thread got me wondering about renting through here. What are the dangers of renting through here? And how do renters trust we won’t cancel the reservation? Is it all mainly trust?
For anyone that has rented which way did they find easier? I’m guessing David’s so can get rid of them all in one go?
David’s incredibly easy. Within 4 hours I’d rented half, the other half went a day or so later. Very simple process.