Notices

Old 13 Apr 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Snap! Well, for the daisy t shirt and the my univ photos!

I bought the photo package in the new year sale. I think it's pretty good value really, when it converted into £s on my credit card it was just under £50. We've had the photo package before and while there aren't as many photographers just hanging about it was great for ride photos.

I just had to show Kate the daisy t shirt to check she has it too as I thought it looked familiar.

I love surprise stuff you've forgotten you even ordered. Have you thought about when you are going to do your reveal? Will you be staying at an airport hotel, sorry perhaps you've already said and I've forgotten. Maybe you could pop them on the bed there? But I do like your idea of them magically appearing in the room the first night.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Snap! Well, for the daisy t shirt and the my univ photos!

I bought the photo package in the new year sale. I think it's pretty good value really, when it converted into £s on my credit card it was just under £50. We've had the photo package before and while there aren't as many photographers just hanging about it was great for ride photos.

I just had to show Kate the daisy t shirt to check she has it too as I thought it looked familiar.

I love surprise stuff you've forgotten you even ordered. Have you thought about when you are going to do your reveal? Will you be staying at an airport hotel, sorry perhaps you've already said and I've forgotten. Maybe you could pop them on the bed there? But I do like your idea of them magically appearing in the room the first night.
Great minds! 😄 I am toying with not saying anything until the day we go to airport - we are staying at the Premier Inn Manor Royal Gatwick (Not the usual go to for a Gatwick PI I know but we stayed there last time and we actually overlooked Virgin HQ!). That is definitely something to consider as she could then have them with her on plane..hmm, decisions decisions! Thanks for the comment and following along, do you think the countdown is dragging or is it going quickly for you?
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I feel like it's been an age since I did Adrian the countdown isn't even under 100 days yet. Hoenstly don't know how time can drag so much! It's also been really cold this spring and I feel like once it starts to get warmer here it will feel like summer is finally on the way.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I feel like it's been an age since I did Adrian the countdown isn't even under 100 days yet. Hoenstly don't know how time can drag so much! It's also been really cold this spring and I feel like once it starts to get warmer here it will feel like summer is finally on the way.
Definitely - think it helps that the kids are nearly in their summer term so it is edging all the nearer! Am loving reading along with your thread, was happy to see you are considering AKL for next visit 😊
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I keep debating the Universal photo thing every time there is an offer on and can never decide whether to do it!

On our last trip I got an autograph book and little cuddly toy for each of the boys and had them out waiting for them the first morning we were there ready to go to the parks. Appearing in the room the first night is a nice idea too. I admire you keeping it quiet, I am rubbish at that! A couple of years ago we did a surprise trip to Disneyland Paris, but decided to tell them a week before we went so they had a bit of build up.
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
I keep debating the Universal photo thing every time there is an offer on and can never decide whether to do it!

On our last trip I got an autograph book and little cuddly toy for each of the boys and had them out waiting for them the first morning we were there ready to go to the parks. Appearing in the room the first night is a nice idea too. I admire you keeping it quiet, I am rubbish at that! A couple of years ago we did a surprise trip to Disneyland Paris, but decided to tell them a week before we went so they had a bit of build up.
I must admit I hadn't really considered it, but as we have never been to UO as a family I thought might be a nice treat (well, at that price anyway! 😂 ) Plus am intrigued about the Shutterbuttons vid 😊
Not made our minds up yet about reveal, may well follow you and tell her at least a few days before so she can get excited beforehand. Never done anything like it before so still open to suggestions! Thanks for reading, hope your plans all coming along well too
Old 13 Apr 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
I must admit I hadn't really considered it, but as we have never been to UO as a family I thought might be a nice treat (well, at that price anyway! 😂 ) Plus am intrigued about the Shutterbuttons vid 😊
Not made our minds up yet about reveal, may well follow you and tell her at least a few days before so she can get excited beforehand. Never done anything like it before so still open to suggestions! Thanks for reading, hope your plans all coming along well too
We haven’t either so it might be nice to do, I am tempted to do it!

I have to admit that since doing ADRs I haven’t done much planning, I should probably get back into it soon!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Loving your pre trippie. I am usually rubbish at following trip reports because they are in separate threads lol. Can't wait to watch your journey.
I love how you have broken it all down how yo booked what and when.
I am considering booking the hotel first after missing those flights so I might just have to book accommodation ...just in case
It's reports like these that puts my writing style to shame lol. Can't wait to follow along.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Loving your pre trippie. I am usually rubbish at following trip reports because they are in separate threads lol. Can't wait to watch your journey.
I love how you have broken it all down how yo booked what and when.
I am considering booking the hotel first after missing those flights so I might just have to book accommodation ...just in case
It's reports like these that puts my writing style to shame lol. Can't wait to follow along.
Ah bless you, but trust me your reporting and writing style is ace! 😊👌 I had never booked hotel first before this trip but would happily consider in future with how easy it was to sort things - but definitely only booking with tried and tested agents I think..am too cautious by nature 😂 Thanks for reading and commenting!
Old 16 Apr 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Fab tripe, I think we might leave around the same date. Ive just booked the Universal Shutterbuttons package, thanks for pointing it out. x

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List