Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Mar 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Hogwarts
Excited about Disney

Anyone used travelup ?

Found some really good flights 25/12-3/1/2020
London to Orlando,direct on way out with virgin and indirect via Atlanta with klm, looked at skyscanner and it took me to travel up page, are they a reliable site just worried as it was only £389 for flights, any suggestions ?
Hogwarts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes, we have used them for Orlando flights and didn’t have any problems.
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

We used them through skyscanner for our flights last December. Didn't have any issues and could see my Iberia flights straight away on both Iberia and BA as it was a codeshare.
Old 9 Mar 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
damaged
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Booked our virgin flights for California with them - have had no issues!
Upcoming: Feb 24' - Hubby's 40th
damaged is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Hogwarts
Excited about Disney

Thanks guys
Hogwarts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

I used them last summer for flights to Japan, no problems at all
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

Be careful, check whether the price includes hold luggage!

I suspect they don’t and you’ll have to add on at c£60 per person.

Hope this helps...
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
squires55
Getting to know the DIBB

Flights to MIA booked via ATL from MAN with travelup, great prices and the eticket they publish to you showed 1 piece of luggage per person.

Checked the booking on Virgin/Delta and they show economy light/basic economy seats which don't seem to include luggage!

Anyone else had this issue? I've emailed travelup and there response was to quote the airline baggage policy to me, I've responded to inquire whether they have booked baggage for us but no response as yet...

Any suggestions on what my options are other than take hand luggage only or pay for additional bags? I'd really like travelup to provide what i think I've booked.
squires55 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by squires55 View Post
Flights to MIA booked via ATL from MAN with travelup, great prices and the eticket they publish to you showed 1 piece of luggage per person.

Checked the booking on Virgin/Delta and they show economy light/basic economy seats which don't seem to include luggage!

Anyone else had this issue? I've emailed travelup and there response was to quote the airline baggage policy to me, I've responded to inquire whether they have booked baggage for us but no response as yet...

Any suggestions on what my options are other than take hand luggage only or pay for additional bags? I'd really like travelup to provide what i think I've booked.
A few had this same issue with travel up and wedoflights. It’s down to the systems not changing after virgin changed thier defo options of economy. Maybe search for those threads on here. We ended up resolving by the 3-4 of us getting virgin to honour the booking as a guesture of goodwill. Virgin blamed the agents and the agents blamed virgin. Very messy and stressful.

It is a known issue though so phone travelup and get them to look into it. Our e-ticket had 1 piece hold luggage on but virgin log in showed economy light too.

Drop me a pm if you need any further info.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
squires55
Getting to know the DIBB

Thanks for the information, reading through the threads shows what an upset something so simple as hold luggage can have on your trip!

Latest is that Travelup have emailed me to tell me baggage is included, but I'm treating what they say with suspicion and asked them to confirm this with Delta/Virgin and send me the email/screenshot so I can take to the airport. Will ring Delta to see what they say as well. I'll keep this thread updated on what happens.
squires55 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List