Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 16 Mar 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Loyalblue
Getting to know the DIBB

Chicken Liver Pate?

Sorry, unsure where to put this.

Using Walmart Grocery online for an order and the only thing I can't seem to find is Pate paste like chicken liver or brussels pate?

I'm not too bothered but you know the score... all my sister is asked for was wine, cheese, biscuits and pate haha!

Specifically Brussels pate.. but all I can seem to find on walmart grocery is chicken liver cat food pate?

I'm at the point now where I'm wondering if she will notice
Loyalblue is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I don't think of Walmart as being a store that caters to high end tastes and it is probably the last place that sells groceries where I would look to buy pate.

I would check out Whole Foods or another grocery store. Emphasis on Groceries, not everything else so not Target either.

ETA took 10 seconds and did a search-Publix seems to have a variety of pates/

Edited at 05:43 PM.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
I don't think of Walmart as being a store that caters to high end tastes and it is probably the last place that sells groceries where I would look to buy pate.

I would check out Whole Foods or another grocery store. Emphasis on Groceries, not everything else so not Target either.

ETA took 10 seconds and did a search-Publix seems to have a variety of pates/
Sadly we can't get on to the Publix web site here in the UK - something to do with European Union data protection. You can access via a VPN though but no idea how. We'll be doing our first shop at Berry Town Center pretty soon though.

The regulations for accessing USA web sites from here are strange. I can read all the local Orlando news by going on to the TV stations such as WFTV and Fox 35 but I can't read the Orlando Sentinel.

Mick

Edited at 06:19 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
The regulations for accessing USA web sites from here are strange. I can read all the local Orlando news by going on to the TV stations such as WFTV and Fox 35 but I can't read the Orlando Sentinel.

Mick
GDPR regulations are such that all companies handling data in the UK/EU must comply with them or face enormous fines; I believe this also applies to any company allowing access to their sites to people within the UK/EU even if the companies aren’t based here.

Some US companies have made the decision to remove access to their sites from those based in the UK/EU to avoid said fines; far cheaper to lose that business (after all, most of their business is US/Canadian) than spending money on adapting their sites to comply with GDPR regulations.

The regulations aren’t strange; they’re quite straight forward.
US companies themselves have decided whether or not to remove our access to their sites.

Edited at 10:50 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
You can get a free VPN from Windscribe you get 10gb a month free, great for doing some online shopping on US sites.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Loyalblue View Post
Sorry, unsure where to put this.

Using Walmart Grocery online for an order and the only thing I can't seem to find is Pate paste like chicken liver or brussels pate?

I'm not too bothered but you know the score... all my sister is asked for was wine, cheese, biscuits and pate haha!

Specifically Brussels pate.. but all I can seem to find on walmart grocery is chicken liver cat food pate?

I'm at the point now where I'm wondering if she will notice
Some of those gourmet cat foods in the square trays really do look like pate... If all else fails 😂😂😂
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
GDPR regulations are such that all companies handling data in the UK/EU must comply with them or face enormous fines; I believe this also applies to any company allowing access to their sites to people within the UK/EU even if the companies aren’t based here.

Some US companies have made the decision to remove access to their sites from those based in the UK/EU to avoid said fines; far cheaper to lose that business (after all, most of their business is US/Canadian) than spending money on adapting their sites to comply with GDPR regulations.

The regulations aren’t strange; they’re quite straight forward.
US companies themselves have decided whether or not to remove our access to their sites.
Happy to be corrected on my use of the word "strange"

The point of my thread was simply to explain to Ridersmom, who is American and lives in America, why we Brits can't access some American web sites.

I'm sure that she appreciates your detailed response.

I really must check for any misuse of words in future.
Old 17 Mar 19, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Happy to be corrected on my use of the word "strange"

The point of my thread was simply to explain to Ridersmom, who is American and lives in America, why we Brits can't access some American web sites.

I'm sure that she appreciates your detailed response.

I really must check for any misuse of words in future.
Don’t worry about it

Edited at 12:15 AM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 03:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I am hoping I didn't offend the OP at all with my post. I have no understanding of the workings of the internet (I am 66). She posted that she did an online search of Walmart, which to me just isn't a place I would look for pate. 101 varieties of cereal or mac and cheese maybe, but not pate. I added I did a ten second search and found several at Publix, not as a criticism, but as a way of saying it was not a through or intensive search.

I wrote this on my way out to work and was a bit too much in a rush. Didn't intend to start a disagreement about EU internet rules but only help the OP find pate in Orlando.

Next time, I'll just suggest Publix.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 03:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Riders mom of course=you didn’t offend it bugs me rotten that sometimes I can get on the Hobby Lobby site then it. Dies on me
As a villa owner it’s even more of a pain ( had to order a new washer we had guests z) trying to do a price / availability comparison
A flipping nightmare we did eventally het the best deal with immediate
Delivery if it had just been us and willing to wait a week it would have been $300 cheaper
It’s a tight flipping pain at times
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List