Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Mar 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

WOW proper big TV's instead of those in the cabinets!
Right my request will now be : Refurbed room near to transport/lobby

Sorry nolypops forgot to say thank you for posting. You mentioned the bathroom but I could only see the one picture of the bedroom?

Oooh just noticed looks like they have the raised of the ground beds too so you can get suitcases underneath

Edited at 05:55 PM.
THE WIZARD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jadebe
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by emmsy View Post
I’ve not done my room request as yet- did you just call the UK call centre for Disney? Xx
Yes, though as we’re booked through TUI, will have to get the agent to confirm. The online checkin lets you select ‘near lobby’ or ‘floor level’ only, and we wanted to try to get connecting rooms.
Old 19 Mar 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jadebe View Post
Yes, though as we’re booked through TUI, will have to get the agent to confirm. The online checkin lets you select ‘near lobby’ or ‘floor level’ only, and we wanted to try to get connecting rooms.
You could FAX AKL direct for request if you dont want to rely on TUI
Old 19 Mar 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
2019DisneyEvans
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
You could FAX AKL direct for request if you dont want to rely on TUI
I am doing a touring plans fax, do you think it’s worth faxing direct as well? Does anyone have a fax number?
2019DisneyEvans is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post

They look lovely.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DigitalOlli
VIP Dibber

Anyone knows whitch rooms are refurbished at this time?

I cant believe that all are done till May. There would be more pictures of these rooms
DigitalOlli is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Jadebe
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by 2019DisneyEvans View Post
I am doing a touring plans fax, do you think it’s worth faxing direct as well? Does anyone have a fax number?
They’re on the Dibb - https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/WDW...ers-p-202.html
Old 19 Mar 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
2019DisneyEvans
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Jadebe View Post
Well I never, I have been on here a year and didn’t know they were there! Thank you
2019DisneyEvans is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
nolypops83
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
WOW proper big TV's instead of those in the cabinets!
Right my request will now be : Refurbed room near to transport/lobby

Sorry nolypops forgot to say thank you for posting. You mentioned the bathroom but I could only see the one picture of the bedroom?

Oooh just noticed looks like they have the raised of the ground beds too so you can get suitcases underneath
No problem! I've been searching all over for the last few weeks hoping that some details would be released as I'm getting ready to book for next year. Was hoping they wouldn't end up too generic but I think the new rooms still have enough African touches left. If you look in the photo below they used to have wallpaper around the sink area that seems to have gone, but I like the new Lion King picture. Looks like they've got new showers too with screens rather than curtains, but we'll need a better photo to confirm. Hopefully someone will be along with a room tour shortly.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Animal-Kingdom-Lodge-103.jpg
Views:	723
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	65282  
Old 19 Mar 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just be aware. A request for a room near the lobby significantly increases your chances of a car park view. Didn’t bother me I wanted the convenience and got it but just mentioning this as so many people seem to want a savannah view on a standard view booking.