Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Mar 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

We have done the Grand Circle Tour twice. The second time we extended and included a few other places. We only returned to the places we really loved like Zion, Bryce and Monuement Valley and Moab. In addition to the usual places mentione d above, we did Mesa Verde, Canyon de Chelly, the Kodachrome National Park and the Petrified Forest. In fact there are so many places to see that are amazing.

Edited at 04:48 PM.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Oh yes, Dead Horse Point!
Agree, totally awesome views!

(But I read the story up there on the info boards and went away feeling so so sad )

I just wish I hadn't read that!
Oh yes, but I kind of assume it’s a legend and not true (that’s how I deal with it)

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Originally Posted by paw View Post
We have done the Grand Circle Tour twice. The second time we extended and included a few other places. We only returned to the places we really loved like Zion, Bryce and Monuement Valley and Moab. In addition to the usual places mentione d above, we did Mesa Verde, Canyon de Chelly, the Kodachrome National Park and the Petrified Forest. In fact there are so many places to see that are amazing.
Ah, I’d forgotten about Mesa Verde, totally awesome place, in the true sense of the word

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sue View Post
Ah, I’d forgotten about Mesa Verde, totally awesome place, in the true sense of the word
Hi I’ve just tried to read your TR but the photos aren’t showing which is a real shame, will carry on reading though
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lovesholidays View Post
Hi I’ve just tried to read your TR but the photos aren’t showing which is a real shame, will carry on reading though
Yes, sorry I stopped being a pass holder for a while and they were held here on the Dibb, so they all disappeared. I must get them back at some point.

Old 28 Mar 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

We did Phoenix-Grand Canyon-Las Vegas then decided on a trip to Zion
I absolutely loved UTAH
The Grand Canyon was so awesome as well , we went in December there was snow there and it was -8 but it smelled so good of woodsmoke and I love snow so it made it for us .
We had an amazing stay at canyon village heard coyotes at night and saw Xmas decorations in the village . For me it was magical .
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

We do this most years, off again in May. We’re flying into vegas, driving down to california( Disneyland) over to Arizona we love Tucson and Madeira canyon, and then heading to Utah for a revisit to Zion Bryce and the Grand Canyon.
We alove Arizona and have visited very many times now, the canyons are fab, weather is perfect in May lovely and hot.
We rent properties as opposed to staying in hotels, and we drive ourselves as we’re not tour people. DH does photography and last year we stayed at portal , we had mountain lion walk past the cabin door, and in Madeira canyon, we have a night camera we had black bear, also resident coteamundi on a daily basis.

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We visited Bryce and Zion Canyons in October last year we flew into Vegas from Florida for one week ,the weather was perfect not too hot. We have been to the Grand Canyon also Monument Valley ( the View agree with Cloverlady wow ) at the same time of year it’s the perfect time to go.

We love that area thinking of going back again in the near future. Need to finish the rest of the Mighty 5.

Edited at 07:17 PM.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
We did this in 2017.
It was AMAZING!

We flew to Las Vegas, and from there did the 'Grand Circle' of Utah's Mighty Five national parks, we also visited The Grand Canyon for a second time (both times South Rim)

We visited the following parks;
Zion
Bryce
Capitol Reef
Moab
Arches
Canyonlands
Monument Valley (especially loved staying overnight here at The View hotel - just wow wow wow)
Lake Powell
Grand Canyon
We were going to do Antelope Canyon but decided against it at the very last minute.

Each park had something outstanding to see, a wow-a-minute, it really was.
Buy an annual pass at the first park you get to, it will save you money
We spent a week doing the tour stopping in a variety of places.
There was a lot of driving but it was mainly open roads and easy drives, plus my hubby loves driving in the US

We returned to Vegas for a few more days then went home after an outstanding holiday.
We are going to have to do it again one day for sure...

We went in October
Would absolutely love to do this holiday! Having just been to the Grand Canyon and Death Valley we are desperate to see more of the National Parks, maybe try the North Rim next time.
How many nights would you suggest in each place to do them justice?

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Would absolutely love to do this holiday! Having just been to the Grand Canyon and Death Valley we are desperate to see more of the National Parks, maybe try the North Rim next time.
How many nights would you suggest in each place to do them justice?
It was absolutely amazing, no, amazing is a pretty much useless word to describe it
If you love scenery, HUGE scenery then you will love it.

I've just checked and we did 8 nights around the National parks not 7 with a couple of nights stay in Vegas at either end.

If you, or anyone else interested in doing a similar trip wants, I've got my notes still that I could copy and paste with a lot of things to see and do on the route. It's fairly extensive mind you so I won't post on here!
Anyone interested, just PM me and I'd be happy to share
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List