Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 2 Apr 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dizzy
Very Serious Dibber

Craft Shopping

So excited to be able to visit Michaels, Jo-Ann’s and Hobby Lobby. We’re staying in a villa at Sunset Lakes so can anyone advise where the local ones are and give me tips on coupons. Thank you
2013 - OKW - 20th Anniversary
2019 - 4 week Big Birthday Bonanza
Disney Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

There's a Michaels at Phillips Crossing, which is just down the I4 from there, there's also one near the Florida Mall.

I usually go to Joann's on the 192. I think all 3 may have locations on or near The Loop as well - just remember Hobby Lobby is closed Sundays. Also look for Tuesday Mornings - closer to TK Maxx, and a bit hit and miss, but you can sometimes get some bargains.

As far as vouchers go, try signing up online, although you may need to wait until you get over there, and also if possible download the apps.

Try and plan a couple of visits depending how long you're there, as you'll likely get a load of vouchers at the till for the next one! One of them at least will take competitors' vouchers, but I'm not sure which.

Oh, and don't dismiss Walmart and Target for craft shopping, you can find some odd bargains there, too, depending what you're after!

Most of all, have fun!

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Michaels your nearest one will be Posner Park
Hobby Lobbby the Loop and a Michaels there too
Joanne's is way down the opposite end of the 192 from you but worth a visit and check out the at Home store down that end they have some
Great craft stuff
You can still access Michaels and Joanne's from the Uk and sign up for coupons
Hobby Lobby you will either need to do it in Florida or use a VPN
Hobby Lobby don't buy anything that's Noe at least 40% off the offers change weekly unless using the stock 40% off coupon on the weekly add for a full price item
Michaels normally have a special offer 40-50% off a regular price item
And seasonal stuff usually gets reduced a week or 2after it's out
Easter /spring is currently 70% off as they are starting to stock summer
Can you tell,I've spent a fortune in all 3 and Walmart craft section this last 4weeeks
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dizzy
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you. I have already warned my kids - I’ll probably place them somewhere with food and let them play on their phones (they are teenagers) so I can look around without their ‘help’. I’m after project life stuff, perhaps a happy planner or two and who knows what else. I have also already warned DH that extra suitcase space will be needed.
2013 - OKW - 20th Anniversary
2019 - 4 week Big Birthday Bonanza
Disney Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I find better offers in Michaels for Happy Planner stuff than Hobby Lobby don't discount the Dollar Tree for stickers and washi for your Planner or as my DH still insist your Filofax thing
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We will often have a "pool day" at the villa which entails my wife and one of my daughters heading off for a few hours to mooch around the craft shops. Does anyone know if there is a good independent or smaller chain locally (Davenport/Kissimmee) other than the usual 3?

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hobby Lobby are at Centreview, just past the Loop and also one near Mall of Millenia. All worth a look in.

If you do beading and jewellery making like me, check out the Fireline fishing line in Dicks Sporting Goods, its the same brand for crafting and fishing, but fishing line is much cheaper and comes on bigger rolls!