Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Apr 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleS
Imagineer

When are starting to fly these please ?

1996 Music - 2004 Sports - 2006 Movies & POR - 2007 Loews Miami Beach & Buena Vista Palace
2008 Fairfield Inn / St Augustine / POR - 2011 Springhill Suites LBV
Aug 2022 Disney All Stars (with Grandchildren)
MichelleS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
CookieMonster54
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by MichelleS View Post
When are starting to fly these please ?
Reportedly late summer for LHR to JFK
CookieMonster54 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by fleurbie View Post
Thanks for the pictures
Althouhh im not sure about the PE? the seats look a bit hard and not very comfy I hope they are better than they look
Pe seat width down to 18.5 inches, only 1 inch more than economy - well 1.1 to be exact!

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 06:12 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mary A View Post
Pe seat width down to 18.5 inches, only 1 inch more than economy - well 1.1 to be exact!
Hi Mary - saw that in my VA email, A350 PE is the same width as BA WT+, disappointing for me as I've come to rely on 21" of width, plus PE armrests don't move. I'll be looking to either book A330 routes (hopefully remaining on the Man to Atl) or pricing up business class from Dublin. A350 UC seats have lost 2" to 20".
Old 16 Apr 19, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Chris not sure if it's true of all their fleet but United Airlines have movable arm rests in their version of PE.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hi Mary - saw that in my VA email, A350 PE is the same width as BA WT+, disappointing for me as I've come to rely on 21" of width, plus PE armrests don't move. I'll be looking to either book A330 routes (hopefully remaining on the Man to Atl) or pricing up business class from Dublin. A350 UC seats have lost 2" to 20".
Will certainly put us off flying PE on these aircraft Chris. The seat was the main reason for flying PE for us. Will have to start looking at other carriers

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

On the Dublin to Newark route, United have moveable armrests on their economy and economy plus but their seat configuration on this route is 3 by 3, so wouldn't recommend it unless you can upgrade to business or first.

They have been such a good airline for us but alas, I now need a 2 seat configuration in economy, so won't be doing this route any more.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Chris not sure if it's true of all their fleet but United Airlines have movable arm rests in their version of PE.
Thanks Sue, unfortunately United's economy plus width is between 17.3" to 18.2", no good for me at all, especially with TENs and back brace on already ample hips I'm not surprised VA've knocked PE back to 18.5", but am surprised UC A350 seating has lost 2", it may be relevant to matching US carrier seat widths in business/enhanced economy. United's latest Premium Plus is 19" wide but arms are static.

I also believe United don't fly from Manchester, which is our airport choice with the bonus of VA PE. We'll be VA ok for next winter and we'll see what gives for 2020 re VA aircraft locations. Had a wry smile as this may be the first time many VA pax want the older aircraft due to seat width.
Old 23 Apr 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We like the current cabin and due to the small number of seats there is tons of room to move around. I suspect this wont be replicated sadly.
However a 'fresh' cabin will be nice as they are getting so so tired.
Gutted the 747's are going.
Me too. I like the fact that the four of us can sit together. been told the configuration will be different? Is this correct?