Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 13 Apr 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Northerlywind
I have Ears

We are doing a split trip this October. I wanted to try flying back to the UK during the day so we are doing Florida then New York. BA multi city trip was the best deal and I booked seperate internal flight as this was the cheapest option. Internal flight and NY accommodation booked through Expedia. Went for Fairfield Inn and Suites. The one near Penn Station, I think it’s 36th street. We have stayed in 21st Street before but it was quite a walk so opted for a more central position this time. Hope this helps.
Northerlywind is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridajill
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mumsyone View Post
We are staying in The Gallivant Times Square. There are 5 of us and it's a family room. It will be tight I m sure but we 'll only be in the room to sleep. In orlando we are staying in a villa so plenty space!
Never heard of this one so will have a look.
International Drive 2001, GKTW 2014, Lindfields 2015, Lindfields 2017, St Augustine and Davenport 2018, Disney Beach Club and Villa 2020 - CANCELLED, Fort Myers Beach, Royal Pacific Resort and Indian Creek 2022
Floridajill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridajill
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I wonder if you have looked at the Broadway Plaza. I booked there from a Dibb recommendation. The junior suite was huge, 2 double beds and a double soda bed. The hotel doesn't look much from the outside but work was being done while we were there and it should look good when finished. Exceptionally clean, free continental breakfast, very friendly staff. The hotel was about 20 minutes walk to Times Square, near the Flatiron building but we mainly used the subway. Would definitely recommend. We paid around £200 a night.
Thanks I will add this one to our list and have a look 👀. Do you know if the travel sites (hotels.com, trivago etc) only upload a year in advance? Broadway plaza shows no availability for July 2020 on hotels.com site 😱
International Drive 2001, GKTW 2014, Lindfields 2015, Lindfields 2017, St Augustine and Davenport 2018, Disney Beach Club and Villa 2020 - CANCELLED, Fort Myers Beach, Royal Pacific Resort and Indian Creek 2022
Floridajill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridajill
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Northerlywind View Post
We are doing a split trip this October. I wanted to try flying back to the UK during the day so we are doing Florida then New York. BA multi city trip was the best deal and I booked seperate internal flight as this was the cheapest option. Internal flight and NY accommodation booked through Expedia. Went for Fairfield Inn and Suites. The one near Penn Station, I think it’s 36th street. We have stayed in 21st Street before but it was quite a walk so opted for a more central position this time. Hope this helps.
Thanks I will have a look at this hotel too!
Old 13 Apr 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Floridajill View Post
Thanks I will add this one to our list and have a look 👀. Do you know if the travel sites (hotels.com, trivago etc) only upload a year in advance? Broadway plaza shows no availability for July 2020 on hotels.com site 😱
Possibly not. I have just looked on the hotels own site and you can't book for your dates yet. I booked last June for February. I booked with ebookers through quidco and received 14% cashback too.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Alidoll
Chilling at Carribean Beach

We used United Airlines.

Flew from Edinburgh to Newark. Newark airport was terrible - took forever to get through immigration then waited another hour for our transfer into New York.

Stayed in the Tryp by Times Square South (which was close to Penn Station but not great tbh and would not stay there again...or anywhere near Times Square if I went back).

Flight to Orlando was fine and transfer to hotel fine.

Flight back was via Chicago rather than Newark. Had about 2 hours wait between flights (time to buy a T-shirt lol!) and overnight flight back to Edinburgh.

United was OK. Food on board edible and used own headphones for the inflight movies etc (last Oct and Black Panther, Avengers plus loads of other films).
Alidoll is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are looking to do this next year too. 4 nights NY, 3 nights Universal then 9/10 nights Disney. Interested to hear some thoughts on hotels, I’ll look into them.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Alidoll
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Meant to say, we booked through Ocean Florida and they put the trip together. First time to Orlando and NYC and couldn't fault them. Probably could do the trip cheaper independently but for convenience, they were great.
Alidoll is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Lolly3
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks all, glad to hear others are also doing this and have done it. Fingers crossed we get a good price on the flights x
Lolly3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

for internal flights, Southwest and Jet Blue are not only generally less expensive but both have good customer service. There are other discount airlines but these are the two I would trust and have flown regularly.

Also neither of them nickes and dimes you. Southwest has two free bags (which can save $100 or more on a round trip) aaand doesn't charge more for a one way ticket. Their customer service is top notch.

Jet Blue does charge for luggage and I have found Southwest may initially look like a higher ticket price before addition bags but then is competitive.

I have flown on both these airlines, many, many times and continue to recommend them.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List