Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Apr 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

will they charge you $50 to change that? bit annoying isn't it. i've looked at a few other sites and they seem to be showing kings where disney aren't... also annoying!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Actually I’ve just checked and the standard is now available a week later for 2 weeks. I’m not sure whether to call and change it or hold off and see if they release standards for our original dates. It makes no difference which weeks we go so I might call.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
will they charge you $50 to change that? bit annoying isn't it. i've looked at a few other sites and they seem to be showing kings where disney aren't... also annoying!
They might do. Some people have had luck with them offering to waive the fee as it was just booked. I’m not sure what to do. We’d rather have the 2 queen beds but something is holding me back from moving it by a week. Not sure what other than it means we have a week longer to wait!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

hard to know what to do. never done onsite before (i won't count one night we did a few trips back) so new to the dining plan etc. cannot decide whether to book for a friday to friday or a monday to monday. We always try to fly on a friday but who knows what i'll end up doing nearer the time. :|

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Well I’m on hold to change. I think I’ll add a night so I can avoid the fee. 45 minute wait!

Trip Report Index
Old 28 Apr 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Good luck!

Old 28 Apr 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
hard to know what to do. never done onsite before (i won't count one night we did a few trips back) so new to the dining plan etc. cannot decide whether to book for a friday to friday or a monday to monday. We always try to fly on a friday but who knows what i'll end up doing nearer the time. :|
Why not Friday to Monday .
Good luck!
Thanks. I’ve moved it so we’re now in a standard room. Initially she was going to charge the £50 amendment fee so I’ve added a night to increase costs and avoid that. Because the king room was more expensive it’s only an increase of £94 so when you look at like that it’s a bargain!

Trip Report Index
Old 28 Apr 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I'm now eating humble pie, dare I say I'm a hypocrite, but I've just switched from the Waldorf to Wilderness Lodge in a standard room, I really won't pay the extortinate deluxe prices for the higher category rooms any more, but when I did my maths properly, it was cheaper for me to actually upgrade to the deluxe dining plan rather than stay at the Waldorf and pay oop for all my meals. By time I've factored in my 7% VS flying club discount, I've got a very good price with VH including UC flights. Based on what I wanted to do/where I wanted to eat, I've saved now about £800 by staying onsite at Disney (never thought I'd say that!).
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Clare View Post
I'm now eating humble pie, dare I say I'm a hypocrite, but I've just switched from the Waldorf to Wilderness Lodge in a standard room, I really won't pay the extortinate deluxe prices for the higher category rooms any more, but when I did my maths properly, it was cheaper for me to actually upgrade to the deluxe dining plan rather than stay at the Waldorf and pay oop for all my meals. By time I've factored in my 7% VS flying club discount, I've got a very good price with VH including UC flights. Based on what I wanted to do/where I wanted to eat, I've saved now about £800 by staying onsite at Disney (never thought I'd say that!).
No need to eat humble pie. I say things on here all the time then backtrack. It’s a woman’s prerogative to change her mind . As long as you got the deal you want that’s the main thing.

Trip Report Index
Old 28 Apr 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
No need to eat humble pie. I say things on here all the time then backtrack. It’s a woman’s prerogative to change her mind . As long as you got the deal you want that’s the main thing.
That's my excuse too

Just got to read up on what's included with dxdp as it's been a long time since I've been to Disney yet alone with the dxdp
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List