Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 15 Apr 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Ktdickson
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile New York before Orlando

Hi Everyone! Thinking of doing 3 nights in NYC before flying down to Orlando in May next year. I have no idea how to go about booking the flights and how much (approx) I’m looking at- I’ve only done return flight bookings before! Has anyone got any experience with this and could give me some advice? Many thanks in advance
Ktdickson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Kathy2904
Earning More Ears

Hiya
We are doing that this June, we are flying to New York from Manchester, and return from Orlando to Manchester with Thomas Cook and have booked the internal flights with Delta when they were on offer.

Kathy
Kathy2904 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Alidoll
Chilling at Carribean Beach

If in Scotland - United fly to Newark then down to Orlando. On the way back it’s via Chicago. We used a travel agent who booked everything for us to save the hassle (and it was our first trip to both locations)
Alidoll is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Lots of Dibbers including us do customise your trip with BA holidays. Flight UK to NYC. Hotel in NYC using BA hotel discount, car in Orlando and flight back from Orlando to UK. ( Indirect on final leg makes it cheaper). Book after the AA flights are released for wider BA options.

Then book your own independent flight down to Orlando. We have used Delta, Aa, JetBlue and Southwestern for the internal leg.

It doesn't matter so much if they are not part of the package.

We have jet blue to be cheapest in the main. Sign up for their newsletter and book on the day of issue. Jet blue flights were around £45pp. Choose JetBlue Plus fares to get hold luggage on internal flights.

Google BA customise your trip. Don't do the flight plus hotel option or the flight plus car option as it will boot to to another part of their system.

If you do it this way can pay on deposit and get deep discounts on NYC hotels.

Join BA exec club and Avis preferred first (takes minutes) and have membership numbers ready.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Ktdickson
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thanks so much everyone for your help, you guys are amazing! Taking all your advice on board and feeling like I have a handle on this now! 😊
Ktdickson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

We booked Aer Lingus as a multi city return LHR-DUB-NYC , MCO-DUB-LHR, and South Western from Newark to MCO. Used South Western as the price includes checked baggage, booked on day of release for about £50 pp.
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ktdickson View Post
Thanks so much everyone for your help, you guys are amazing! Taking all your advice on board and feeling like I have a handle on this now! 😊
Go to thomascookairlines.com and do a multi city - say Manchester to jfk and Orlando back to Manchester. We have done this twice and doing again this summer. We booked internal with JetBlue who are amazing. Any questions ask away or give me dates I’d be happy to check x
And too many canary/Balearic island visits to list
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Ktdickson
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs dee View Post
Go to thomascookairlines.com and do a multi city - say Manchester to jfk and Orlando back to Manchester. We have done this twice and doing again this summer. We booked internal with JetBlue who are amazing. Any questions ask away or give me dates I’d be happy to check x
Thank you so much will definitely check out Thomas Cook also and JetBlue seem to be a winner too!
Old 18 Apr 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Ktdickson
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by chippyminton View Post
We booked Aer Lingus as a multi city return LHR-DUB-NYC , MCO-DUB-LHR, and South Western from Newark to MCO. Used South Western as the price includes checked baggage, booked on day of release for about £50 pp.
Thank you so much! I will definitely check those out too
Old 18 Apr 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Ktdickson
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs dee View Post
Just done a few searches for internal flight from what I can see looking quite pricy. It’s difficult to price up at the mo as we’re thinking early May next year!