Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 15 Apr 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennie-19
First POST

Talking Help & Advice About Florida (Cheap place to stay etc..) Has anyone travelled there when Pregnant to?

Hi there,

We are thinking about taking a family holiday to Florida, Me, My Husband and my Son (3)

We are thinking of going between May & June for two weeks but I am going to be 26+ weeks pregnant. I have checked insurance and thats cheap enough.

Also we are wanting to do Disney, Universal, Busch gardens etc.. Can anyone recommend anything else to do for a 3 year old?

I am also looking for a villa between May & June (2 weeks)

Thanks
Jennie xx
Jennie-19 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Welcome and congratulations! Must admit can't advise on the pregnancy side as we actually cancelled our trip when I found out I was pregnant - I would have been gutted to spend that money and go all that way to not be able to go on most of the rides I love, so many of my faves you can't ride whilst pregnant 😭 just make sure you have good travel insurance and they are aware of your pregnancy. I would also be wary of some self service restaurants just in terms of food hygiene etc. I think if your son will only be 3, universal studios and Busch gardens may not be great choices with how much it will cost you versus what he can actually do? We did Disney and seaworld when our DD was 4 which was great plus there is also legoland as an option.
Also if you do decide to do all of the above and with a 3 year old plus pregnancy, you would need 3 weeks really - it takes its toll with Disney alone over 2 weeks with these factors so just something to think about!
Whatever you decide enjoy 😊

Edited at 07:12 AM.
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber

Hi,

Sorry, jumping on this a little late! I went twice when I was pregnant and I've also taken a 3 year old. Both absolutely great. Our daughter (5 yo at the min but been every year since she was 1) loves days in the villa pool, waterparks, state parks looking at wildlife, Kissimmee lakefront park, Monkey Joes (at Pointe), Clearwater, dolphin boat trips and the list goes on. So so much to do other than just the parks even at that age.
Enjoy!
IDrive 91, Enclave Suites 07, Southern Dunes 09, Quality Inn Plaza, Hard Rock Hotel, Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel (St Petes), Orlando Metropolitan Express & Buena Vista Palace Hotel 10!, The Florida Hotel 11, Hampton Lakes 12, Bridgewater Crossing 12, Vegas/LA 13, Tall Grass Villa 13, The Florida Hotel 13, Bridgewater Crossing 15, Terrace Ridge 16, West Haven 17,18,July 19, Dec 19 & Dec 21, West Haven & Cabana Bay 22
emmabrown68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List