Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 16 Apr 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Elliebelle
I want to go now!

Booking Cabana for Castaway Cay

Hello,

We are travelling on the 3 night Disney Dream cruise on the 2nd August 2019. I've been advised that I can check in & book excursions etc on 19th May but what time would I need to log on to try and book a cabana for example? My husband is disabled and I understand that they only have one wheelchair accessible cabana, I also know that previous disney cruise guests woud have already been able to check in before a first timer so the chances are silm I know of getting the cabana.

Thank you for any advice.
Elliebelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You can book excursions at the same time as you do your online check-in, which is midnight 75 days prior for first timers (that's 5 am our time in the UK), that will include any adult dining and cabana reservations. But definitely be prepared for not being able to get one as all previous cruisers will be able to book before you. Even Platinum cruisers have difficulty getting one sometimes as concierge travellers can book before everybody else.
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
HarryPotterGeek
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I’m sailing in May and only managed to get a Cabana because we’ve booked a concierge room - we had to email at 5am on the dot at (125 days) and all were booked by the time the online booking opened at 12pm at 120 days out.

I’ve read that some people have been lucky with people cancelling nearer the time and that it’s possible to put your name down when you board the ship just in case anyone cancels.
HarryPotterGeek is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Can your husband transfer from a chair at all? There are about 4 steps up to the cabana, so if he can manage those with help, you wouldn't need the accessible one.

If he can't, then definitely speak to GS as soon as you board, or even take some British chocolate up to the concierge lounge and ask for their help (with a bribe)! Be clear that you know they can't officially help you, but 'just in case' they hear of something .. blah blah

Please know though that not having a cabana will not ruin your CC day, there is plenty of shade and DCL even have sand/water wheelchairs (really hard to push on loose sand though)!

Have fun!

Joa
Old 17 Apr 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

I think the only cabana which is wheelchair accessible is No 1. We had No 2 last year. It is nearest the toilets and the cookies bbq.
We were able to email at 125 days (concierge) and when it appeared on our booking at 120 days they were all sold.
We had two 9 month olds with us so was a godsend but other years we have managed fine without. There are plenty of umbrellas and if you leave the ship early the adult only beach is quite empty so you could get a spot near the exit.
I think your only chance would be if someone cancels.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List