Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 17 Apr 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Exotic Animal Experience

Hi pretty sure I heard about this place on here

If so who has gone? Did you enjoy it? For the group session how long is the session? It is quite pricey but reviews 5/5

Thanks 🙏
Old 20 Apr 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

We've done it twice and it was good, but they have put their prices up and I think they've got a bit greedy. Some of it is quite boring such as spending time with goats (hardly exotic).

If you can afford it and love animals then it might be worth it, but we've no plans to return as it's too expensive.

Edit: Wow they've got even greedier than I realised, at $150 plus tax each for a 2 hour group tour (you can be with lots of other people). So around £500 for a family of 4 is far too much in my opinion.

Edited at 10:22 AM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

I was quite shocked at the price for two hours.
Old 20 Apr 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
b2sbailey
a Friend of the DIBB

Have you heard about Amazing Animals Inc? A similar experience but not as expensive.
They're a private sanctuary and offer private tours at $40.00 PP for about 1.5 hrs.

We have book ourselves in for a tour this August.

I'm too new to the Dibb to post URL's so just google it
b2sbailey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eeyorefanuk View Post
I was quite shocked at the price for two hours.
It is well overpriced because about 4 or 5 years ago it was around half of that on the big group tour. We then did a private experience a couple of years ago and again that has got into silly money. $750 each for the 2.5 hour private tour is complete madness. The tour that costs hundred of dollars each still has other people on it which is not good when you pay all that money.

It's become a tour for the rich, and they won't be seeing us there again (even if I win the lottery).

We enjoyed the wilderness ranch experience in Orlando which is now $99 each but they often have deals on groupon. We paid $75 dollars about 4 years ago and the lemas enclosure was worth the additional $20 (that's now $29 more). Plus they now charge you to park your car (it was free when we went).

Without groupon that's still around £100 each per person, and sadly their prices like almost everything in Orlando have increased way beyond the cost of living, and that's not taking into account the rubbish exchange rate we now have.

They also do camel rides and other things, but that increases the cost quite a bit.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Originally Posted by b2sbailey View Post
Have you heard about Amazing Animals Inc? A similar experience but not as expensive.
They're a private sanctuary and offer private tours at $40.00 PP for about 1.5 hrs.

We have book ourselves in for a tour this August.

I'm too new to the Dibb to post URL's so just google it
Thanks for the tip. My eldest LOVES capybaras, so this will be perfect.
Old 21 Apr 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Another vote for amazing animals! Cannot say enough good things about it, we went in January and are returning in October because we loved it so much! They have a Facebook page and are really responsive to messages on
there. It’s so easy to book with them, they are lovely people
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Thanks all