Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Apr 19, 05:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
We had availability showing for POFQ for our dates for this year all the way up to a couple of weeks before free dining and then availability disappeared. Did it it reappear when free Dining was announced? Unfortunately not. No standard rooms and we had to get Garden View. It was different last year and no one knows what availability will be like until it’s release day.
I have a feeling that the availablity for POFQ during end of June/July would be minimal or not there at all this year but I hope I am wrong
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
I have a feeling that the availablity for POFQ during end of June/July would be minimal or not there at all this year but I hope I am wrong
Why do you think this?
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

to start with it's small resort. Often excluded in promotions in US. Many weeks around end of June disappeared (unlike CSR that remains available).
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Question is this.

Would the lack of free dining prevent you going to wdw in 2020?

It is inconceivable that all rooms in any resort for any date are fully booked for any date in 2020

Disney332
Old 22 Apr 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

The rooms won’t be fully booked and Disney have specified which room categories are included in free dining. Bearing that in mind I would expect there to be rooms available at the resorts that will offer free dining in the room categories offered at release day but maybe not many in the standard rooms. Or they may release higher category rooms initially to see if they can get them booked up and possibly release standards later. Who knows. Disney will do what they think will work.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Question is this.

Would the lack of free dining prevent you going to wdw in 2020?

It is inconceivable that all rooms in any resort for any date are fully booked for any date in 2020

Disney332
It could. We are weighing in options including staying offsite & universal only.
Old 22 Apr 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

It could. We are weighing in options including staying offsite & universal only.
I understand but i still think its possible to do wdw and stay on site.

If you eat cleverly..ie get a single burger in a qs location like peco bills in mk cut it in half and pile on the toppings, you have 2 meals for the price of one.

If you stayed offsite i suppose that leans toward a villa and eating much the same as at home, but wow some of those walmart prices are high.

Is univesal food cheaper than Disney food?

Disney332
Old 22 Apr 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
I understand but i still think its possible to do wdw and stay on site.

If you eat cleverly..ie get a single burger in a qs location like peco bills in mk cut it in half and pile on the toppings, you have 2 meals for the price of one.

If you stayed offsite i suppose that leans toward a villa and eating much the same as at home, but wow some of those walmart prices are high.

Is univesal food cheaper than Disney food?

Disney332
Publix food was at times better than Disney last trip! Last year holiday Disney was disappointing in many ways. The room at SSR was in poor state. Fire alarm was going on in the middle of the night keeping us awake as they din't keep the batteries in check. My son was severed moldy sandwich at SSR and the casual attitude when this was reported suggest it's not rare occurrence. Parks- staffing is less, waits longer, operation hours shorter, dirtier. Night trips were fun, but if staying off site we will find other things to do.

Free dinning makes going to Florida cost predictable and comparable to good condo offsite as admit-ably there are some benefits. we would book it again if there is time & room and QDP that suit us. I will give them another chance. But if not for free dinning we won't bother even buying park tickets for Disney next time. We will stay off site, stick to few Disney Springs and other non disney parks and night or two at Universal hotel

I mean I was literal dreaming we are in Floridays near publix when we were last time onsite, eating better quality fruit & salads & sushi. Also - we can easily eat offsite restaurants. Other than occasional salad and fruit we always eat out. That's why we hope to book QDP only as we won't be concerned using up credits and we can have meals offsite too

I think the poor quality of produce was most annoying. It's not all about money. Sometimes on holiday I like to eat a good salad and great fruit and they were not many of them last trip. Even expensive buffets like Boma had poor quietly fruit veg. The watermelon in Publix was real treat! Restaurants that are not run by Disney were better - as WPE

It's not all about money but you pay more now for Disney and you get less. So unless they give a good deals we won't consider them anymore.

Edited at 11:52 AM.
Old 22 Apr 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Publix food was at times better than Disney last trip! Last year holiday Disney was disappointing in many ways. The room at SSR was in poor state. Fire alarm was going on in the middle of the night keeping us awake as they din't keep the batteries in check. My son was severed moldy sandwich at SSR and the casual attitude when this was reported suggest it's not rare occurrence. Parks- staffing is less, waits longer, operation hours shorter, dirtier. Night trips were fun, but if staying off site we will find other things to do.

Free dinning makes going to Florida cost predictable and comparable to good condo offsite as admit-ably there are some benefits. we would book it again if there is time & room and QDP that suit us. I will give them another chance. But if not for free dinning we won't bother even buying park tickets for Disney next time. We will stay off site, stick to few Disney Springs and other non disney parks and night or two at Universal hotel

I mean I was literal dreaming we are in Floridays near publix when we were last time onsite, eating better quality fruit & salads & sushi. Also - we can easily eat offsite restaurants. Other than occasional salad and fruit we always eat out. That's why we hope to book QDP only as we won't be concerned using up credits and we can have meals offsite too

I think the poor quality of produce was most annoying. It's not all about money. Sometimes on holiday I like to eat a good salad and great fruit and they were not many of them last trip. Even expensive buffets like Boma had poor quietly fruit veg. The watermelon in Publix was real treat! Restaurants that are not run by Disney were better - as WPE

It's not all about money but you pay more now for Disney and you get less. So unless they give a good deals we won't consider them anymore.
Agree. Thank you for the well reasoned reply.

Happy booking !

Disney332
Old 23 Apr 19, 05:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I still hope for a good deal to be honest. Sun, water parks, pool days, few attractions, shopping. Just disney is one option that could offer us this - but not a must for us anymore

Disney food is better than Universal but not many stay 14 days onsite at Universal. Disney food you have some good options. Universal food imo is something you put up for short time and get out of there

It sounds like we are so fussy but we really aren't... I think