Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Apr 19, 04:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Bullpeppar
Imagineer

Bullpeppar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by hornetgirl View Post
There isn't a problem. I was merely curious as to why anyone ever flies with Virgin because whenever I search for flights they come out way more expensive.
Our flights from Belfast direct to MCO cost the princely sum of £668 for three adults. I have no idea why they were so cheap but there was obviously some glitch - I'm not complaining

DLP-Santa Fe '01DLP-Cheyenne '03Quality Inn Jul'05 Oak Plantation Resort-Jul'07-3wksDLP-Sequoia Dec'08Hamlet Crt-Jul'09-3wksHamlet Crt,NY,HRH-Jul'11-3wksRPR & Rotonda-Jul'12 Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'13-3wksRPR,Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'14Watersong,RPR,Rotonda Jul'15-3 wksWatersong,RPR,Rotonda-Jul'17-3wks LGI, Watersong,RPR-July ‘19

Edited at 04:42 AM.
Bullpeppar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 06:14 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hornetgirl View Post
There isn't a problem. I was merely curious as to why anyone ever flies with Virgin because whenever I search for flights they come out way more expensive.
Hi HG, we fly VA for their current A330/747 PE cabin (not the reduced width/pitch aboard the new A350 aircraft), we're off peak flyers and find LastMinute.com fares canny (circa £687 to £800), LM also offer cash back via Quidco/Top Cash Back. I also check out Delta and Skyscanner.net
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bullpeppar View Post
Our flights from Belfast direct to MCO cost the princely sum of £668 for three adults. I have no idea why they were so cheap but there was obviously some glitch - I'm not complaining
Hi, sorry to hijack but can I ask how far in advance you booked these and did you book direct with VA? We are looking to travel this route in July 2020 and when I have been stalking the 2019 prices they have been extortionate

We usually travel in October (Aer Lingus from Dublin) so the summer prices have been a shock to the system
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post

We are only going Virgin because it is a code share with Delta and was in the sale last Oct. Didn't pick it for the brand etc just was cheapest.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 02:43 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gabsnoot View Post
Hi, sorry to hijack but can I ask how far in advance you booked these and did you book direct with VA? We are looking to travel this route in July 2020 and when I have been stalking the 2019 prices they have been extortionate

We usually travel in October (Aer Lingus from Dublin) so the summer prices have been a shock to the system
Hiya Gabs, monitoring this July for bro/family, Man to RSW. Currently LastMinute are the cheapest at circa £785 plus luggage at £45 per 23kg for one case. We've previously used LM issue free. HTH
Old 24 Apr 19, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We just booked our December flights last night & after watching prices across all airlines for a few weeks VA direct came in the cheapest for us!

Edited at 07:08 AM.
PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Bullpeppar
Imagineer

Bullpeppar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bullpeppar View Post
Originally Posted by Gabsnoot View Post

We booked them in September. It was obviously some kind of glitch to get them at that price. I had been checking a number of sites and these flights became available through Travel Up, who we have used before. I also used Airmiles to upgrade to PE on the way across - result

DLP-Santa Fe '01DLP-Cheyenne '03Quality Inn Jul'05 Oak Plantation Resort-Jul'07-3wksDLP-Sequoia Dec'08Hamlet Crt-Jul'09-3wksHamlet Crt,NY,HRH-Jul'11-3wksRPR & Rotonda-Jul'12 Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'13-3wksRPR,Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'14Watersong,RPR,Rotonda Jul'15-3 wksWatersong,RPR,Rotonda-Jul'17-3wks LGI, Watersong,RPR-July ‘19
Bullpeppar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
The Duchess
Apprentice Imagineer

I booked VA flights through Dialaflight came out much cheaper than with Virgin direct. They also added the cheapest car option (still cheaper than just flights with VA) so I could pay deposit only

I Drive -1990 / Windsor Hills 2008
Vegas - 2014
Spandau in Dubai 40th b day trip - 2015
3 weeks all Star sports\ cabana bay 2016
The Duchess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
wdwlife
Proud to wear my Ears

Just pure luck for us. We got them at about £1200 inc everything (checked baggage etc) which is a price we were happy to pay because we saved quite a bit on park tickets and hotel. We weren't that flexible on dates as we wanted to go and experience the Christmas themes but not be away for Xmas so it was always going to be November for us.

We also realised that the almost all direct from Glasgow were on Saturdays. We waited a week or two to compare each week in November and we eventually got it for a price we were happy with.

It really is trial and error most of the time, in our experience anyway
Old 24 Apr 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Can I please check - if you book a virgin flight through a third party, e.g. net flights, can you still call VA directly to upgrade using air miles? Thanks 😊
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List