Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Apr 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Before we go anywhere my Wife checks out the menu and the calories in what she fancies. That determines if we dine there or not.

I had a quick Google and how about this for a Milkshake there.

A regular-size Butterfinger milkshake provides a whopping 840 calories and 28 grams of fat. But the highest calorie milkshake at Steak and Shake is the Campfire S'mores Milkshake with 870 calories and 27 grams of fat.
Quite frightening isn't it! This is the contents of a Concrete Mixer with Mars Bars (basically an ice cream milk shake) at Culvers
I do try not to consume wasteful calories, don't always succeed but that is just awful.

Nutrition Facts
Calories help 1029
(4305 kJ)
Calories from fat help 522
% Daily Value 1
Total Fat
help
58g
89%
Sat. Fat
help
33g
165%
Trans Fat
help
1.8g

Cholesterol
help
280mg
93%
Sodium
340mg
14%
Total Carbs.
help
111g
37%
Dietary Fiber
help
1g
4%
Sugars
help
94g

Protein
help
18g
Old 20 Apr 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Before we go anywhere my Wife checks out the menu and the calories in what she fancies. That determines if we dine there or not.

A regular-size Butterfinger milkshake provides a whopping 840 calories and 28 grams of fat. But the highest calorie milkshake at Steak and Shake is the Campfire S'mores Milkshake with 870 calories and 27 grams of fat.
You know calories don’t count when your in holiday?! 😂

We love Steak ‘n Shake, the half price milkshakes from 2-5 are an absolute bargain, we just treat it as a dessert
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

And typically that’s my favourite!
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 02:02 AM  
Link to this Post
jnc2345
Getting Excited

I'm a scientist and can confirm that calories don't count on holiday. Treat yo'self.
jnc2345 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 03:52 AM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Haha I try to avoid junk food, drinks etc back home but I come to Florida and turn into an animal!
I drink water back home and first week here I was nailing bottles of sunny d Mountain Dew and Dr Pepper but quickly stopped that second week, I did treat myself to the Oreo Shake at Steak ‘n Shake though, I justify it like others that I’m on holiday and I’m fast walking everywhere in the parks plus walking from the parking lots or around the outlets,swimming in the pool and I’ve even started a few 2 mile runs around the housing estate our villa is on!
Can’t not come to Florida and not indulge.
My wife said she put they’re burgers up there past five guys too, we had that at the new place near lbv last week and we wasn’t that impressed, maybe it’s because we can get in them in the UK now so they’re not that special plus the price is a little steep there.
Steak ‘n Shake is just stupidly cheap so you’ll put up with the slow service as they know they’ve got you lol
glenandem is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Love Steak & Shake, their double garlic burger is amazing ❤️ Such good value for money!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

We went in NY, found the service soooooooo slow, and food a bit greasy for us, so not a fan, but feel i must give it another go sometime, DD loved the shake, but you can get decent shakes most places now. DD loves shakeaway best!
Old 21 Apr 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Never really been impressed although children loved it ( expect for the shake )
This year we went to 5 guys - now that was excellent
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’d like it I suspect, but like Tom, I could never get my wife here as she eats too healthy and they don’t seem to have healthy items on the menu.
Old 21 Apr 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

The 7x7 or 777 as its $7.77 as its meal, was nice but i think its only avaliable after 10pm.