Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Apr 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
How busy is customs/passport control MCO

We’ve flown direct with Aer lingus on our last few trips so have had the benefit of preclearance in Dublin.
With the flight times that AL have at the moment I am playing with the idea of indirect via London or Manchester as have been very happy with VA flights in the past.
So, is customs/passport control in MCO stilll crazy busy? What are the wait times that people have experienced in recent times?
I know I can’t book flights until the end of June but am in bed today recovering from a migraine from hell so lots of ideas floating through my head at the moment.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

No two days are ever the same, I’ve waited 2 hrs before and been thru and getting car in 30minutes, I’d say plan for at least an hour and if it’s less great if it’s more don’t worry your in Florida a little delay won’t matter that much
Orlandoguy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Yep, our attitude has always been that it is practice for the theme parks. I think the longest we waited was two hours but just wanted to know if it has got worse as I know there have been staff cuts etc.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Susethomasx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

It always depends on how many international flights arrive at the same time, doesn’t it?

I’ve only done MCO twice - many moons ago (16 years?) and it was awful - whilst we weren’t last off - it was around a 2 hour wait. And last November - a bit different. We flew in the bubble with Virgin so we’re off just after upper class. I don’t think there was a flight in at the same time as ours, but there had been one in around an hour or so prior and the last of their passengers were still in the queue. Not all desks were manned, around 70% of them were open and it took us 30-45 mins.

The doubt between 30 and 45 minutes is cause none of us can agree on actually what it was but we all agree; no quicker than 30 and no longer than 45.

But every day can be different, these are just my examples so it may not turn out the same for yourself.
Susethomasx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

If you have a healthy reasonable attitude, and it sounds like you do then you should be fine. In all my trips, sometimes it's been memorably quick, sometimes it's annoyed me whilst there, then I've forgotten when we've left. we've fortunately yet to really suffer a bad one.
Old 20 Apr 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Went through yesterday on direct virgin flight from Glasgow. Landed 2 hours late due to virgin delay and weather so arrived at 7pm ish local time.

The flight was not even half full! We were off and walked to immigration where we waited about 20mins (Frankfurt flight landed 20 mins before). Bags were ready by the time we got through and we were on our way to Alamo garage.

From landing to leaving Alamo it took us 1 hour and we also stopped for magic bands.

Pretty much as good as it gets for me!
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
I remember the days of “staying right” when you arrived into the Customs Hall.
Old 21 Apr 19, 02:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve been going to Florida for over 20 years, we flew in last Tuesday and landed at 3:20pm we got out of the airport at 7:20pm☹️
The reasons being that the immigration hall was packed and took us at least 2 hrs to get through... then the queue for the car hire .. finally got to the desk and the car wasn’t ready so then an hours wait for that.
Old 21 Apr 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sunset girl View Post
We’ve been going to Florida for over 20 years, we flew in last Tuesday and landed at 3:20pm we got out of the airport at 7:20pm☹️
The reasons being that the immigration hall was packed and took us at least 2 hrs to get through... then the queue for the car hire .. finally got to the desk and the car wasn’t ready so then an hours wait for that.
Not good to read. It seems like everything was conspiring against you! Hope you are a having a lovely time now though.

We once were stuck in the airport for hours as our luggage went missing after the second bag drop.
Old 21 Apr 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by Sunset girl View Post
Wow - something must have gone wrong for queues to build up like that
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List