Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Apr 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida john
I want to go now!

President's week

Hi all,
thinking of booking the disney princess marathon in feb 2020, but it is at the end of president's week. Has anyone been over this time and is it really busy? What were wait times like?

Thanks,
John
Florida john is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

We are next year so have researched it lots. It can get mental busy over the long weekend then fizzles our midweek. Wait times this year were awful every time I logged on for MDE!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

We were there over Presidents’ Day last year, we mainly avoided the main Disney parks over that weekend and did Blizzard Beach, Seaworld and Kennedy Space. I did go into MK on the Saturday morning and it was crazy busy, late in the evening was fine.

The week before Presidents’ Day was very busy, I think mainly as a result of Mardi Gras (which is after Presidents’ Day next year).

With planning it was all manageable though, and there are no real quiet times
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

This was the security queue on the Saturday of Presidents’ Day weekend, we had got to the car park gates about 8.30, queued to pay, and eventually got inside the park at about 9.45!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida john
I want to go now!

hi guys
thanks for the pic,my girls want to do the princess run so thats why we are thinking of booking.just dont want the crowds to spoil it.
Florida john is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida john
I want to go now!

thanks guys
just not sure what to do as wanted to be there for the princess run,but dont want the crowds to spoil it
Old 21 Apr 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Florida john View Post
hi guys
thanks for the pic,my girls want to do the princess run so thats why we are thinking of booking.just dont want the crowds to spoil it.
I did the Princess half in 2013 and enjoyed it. I wouldn’t let it out you off if you really want to do it, just plan accordingly, do water park or shopping on the busiest days, and either get into the parks for rope drop or go later in the evenings
Old 21 Apr 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
bloominadversit
Getting Excited

Mobile

We arrived on 23rd Feb 2018 and were in AK 24th and HS on the 25th. It was definitely busier than it was the week following but it was not unbearable.
bloominadversit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

We done 10th-24th Feb this year, I drive hotel from 10th-15th done SW, Aq BG and DC and it was empty, walk on for most rides.

Moved on to CSR 15th-23rd PD was the 18th but that weekend was manic, queues for the car park at MK back to the I4, FOP at 345 mins etc. It was half term in England so flights were pricey, double that of early Feb.

Having said that the weather was mid to high 20s and record breaking temps one day and despite the crowds, with good use of FPs we had a great time.
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Would you be able to fly out mid week? say a couple of days prior to which ever race they are doing? That way you would avoid the madness of Presidents weekend and also you will find the early starts needed for the race easier.