Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 Apr 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Fawkes
Helping Mickey

Will We Actually Get There - Day 4 - SeaWorld

Up fairly early again, we'd planned to do SeaWorld first as it is an easier day than the rest of the parks in terms of the amount of walking you seem to do.

We had breakfast in the villa and set off at about 9.15am, we arrived at SeaWorld at just before 10am and managed to get disabled parking (this proved a challenge throughout the holiday as my auntie hadn't got her blue badge through in time to take with us).

First stop was to feed the stingrays, I love the rays. DD struggled to reach far enough that they would take the fish though and couldn't understand why she couldn't just throw them in. We then went and watched the dolphins for a bit, disappointed that you couldn't feed the dolphins like you used to, can't get as close to the pool now either.

We then wandered round and did Turtle Trek, the walk through of the exhibits was the best bit, DD liked the 3D show, although she found the shark a bit scary, I didn't really get the appeal of it myself.

After Turtle Trek we had a short ice cream break, during which we were hounded by 3 squirrels. I had an ice cream sandwich and i'm going to be controversial and say I prefer the SeaWorld ice cream sandwiches to the Mickey ones!

We then headed round to Atlantis, this was a walk on and we got quite wet.

Me, mum, DH, BIL and uncle then did Kraken, again this was a walk on but we queued maybe 5mins for the front row.

We then headed to watch the sea lion show, it was as cheesy as ever but DD loved it, especially as it had an otter in it, her favourite animal.

Tummy's were hungry by this point, we ate at the expedition café, food was tasty.

We then headed to Empire of the Penguin, we did the mild version of the ride so my auntie could go on with us (she doesn't do rides). I found the ride boring but loved the exhibit at the end and how close you could get to the penguins. One splashed me. But it is cold in there as DD's face shows I think.

We then headed back towards the sea lions, as DD was desperate to feed them, I was not so keen, it's not that I don't like sea lions but I am terrified of birds, and if you've been to the sea lion enclosure you'll know that there are birds everywhere waiting to swoop in on the fish. So no pics of her feeding them as I stood well back.

We then walked through shark encounter and then the rollercoaster lovers amongst us did Mako, this is the first time we've done this ride and I have to say it's my favourite of the holiday. I loved it, it was a walk on as well which is a bonus!

We then headed to Infinity Falls, the queue for this was longer, approx. half an hour and there wasn't much shade in the queuing area. We enjoyed this but got very, very wet!

We then headed over for the 5pm show of One Ocean, DD loved this and was mesmerised, I can take it or leave it myself, they're impressive animals but I don't know if it's because I remember it when they could go in the water with them but I didn't find it very exciting.

After this we headed out of the park. We stopped off at CiCi's pizza on the way home. We loved it great value and loads of choice of pizza's, salad and dessert.
Fawkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
berniegroves
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds like you got absolutely loads done today!
berniegroves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like a good day with lots done

Joan
Old 2 May 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Loads done today at Seaworld
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

A lovely day at Seaworld.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List