Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Apr 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Shellie
Helping Mickey

Travel currency card

Which is the best currency card to get?

Thanks
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter March 2017Dibb Villa April 2017 Disney’s Sequoia Lodge February 2018 Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside February 2020 Dibb Villa February 2020 Disney’s Davy Crockett Ranch April 2023
Shellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

We have used the TC - LYK card since people stopped taking Travellers cheques, we've had no problem whatsoever and its easy to top up on the computer.Definitely worth a look.Hope this helps.
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

We used WeSwap which is great and accepted everywhere due to it being a mastercard.

You can easily swap between currencies using the app and it will only use the funds from the wallet you're paying with.. example, if you have a US Dollar wallet with $600 and a GB wallet with £600 loaded, and you're paying for anything whilst you're in the US it will only use the funds from the US Dollar wallet.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake

Edited at 01:07 PM.
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Endeavour
VIP Dibber

If it's prepaid you're after, I have two - Fairfx and Caxton. both equally accepted and both similarly managed re top-ups, tracking spend etc., whether online or using app. Main differences between them that matter to me are that Fairfx generally has a slightly better load rate on any given day whilst Caxton don't add their own charge for atm withdrawals. (I used to have revolut but got stung on cash withdrawal charges so binned it.) Only other difference is Fairfx have a separate card for each currency whilst Caxton can have multiple currencies loaded on the same card.
Endeavour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
clanny
Trying for More Ears

clanny's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
No question, get a Revolut card.

It's all run through an App and is so easy to use. You can flip money back and farward across something like 60 currencies and since I got mine a couple of years ago, I've not once seen a better exchange rate on any other card.

{Admin comment: Referral links are not allowed as per our T&C's}

Yesterday my daughter set her account up (there's a couple of checks you have to go through like taking a photo of your passport and a face shot for anti-money laundering), and she exchanged her first £10 at a rate of $1.29.90.

I've used mine in the US, Ireland, UK etc with no issues at all.

Edited at 12:52 PM.
clanny is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

If pre paid, we use the Post Office Travel Money Card. You can top up with the app, and we’ve never had a problem using it - so far, US, Canada and Gran Canaria.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

We use the FairFX card with a Friends and Family card linked. I then move most funds onto the F&F card and only keep around $200 on the main card, recharging as necessary.
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Shellie
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by tiggers friend View Post
We use the FairFX card with a Friends and Family card linked. I then move most funds onto the F&F card and only keep around $200 on the main card, recharging as necessary.
What’s a friends and family card?
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter March 2017Dibb Villa April 2017 Disney’s Sequoia Lodge February 2018 Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside February 2020 Dibb Villa February 2020 Disney’s Davy Crockett Ranch April 2023
Shellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Endeavour
VIP Dibber

Main card holder can order additional cards in other's names, and transfer money between cards
Endeavour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

We use the Post Office card its really good. The app is easy to use.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List