Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Apr 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

I have wide feet which swell and are easily rubbed in the heat (sounds attractive, eh? !) and have found these by Northwest Territory to be amazingly lightweight, comfortable and non-rubbing - and good value too!

Sizing tends to be quite generous.

amazon/Ladies-Nort...f=cts_sh_1_vtp
Hil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireVC
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Fitflop are so comfy, I have wide feet and have a lovely pair with ankle straps that I wore last August around Disney. Also Gabor sandals are super comfy, quite stylish and wide fitting. Ugg sandals are also very good too.
Old 23 Apr 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Teva Terra Fi or Terra Fi Lite for me, full strap sandals with thinner soles on the lite.
If you prefer a toe post, I recommend the Mephisto Helen, I can walk all day in the parks in these. They also have a cross strap so don’t come off on rides and have a cushioned, breathable sole. Love them.

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireVC
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by whlparkstone View Post
crocs/p/womens-cro...d=6PM#start=16

I have never been a crocs fan, but I live in these whilst in Florida. They are so comfy and they dry off so quickly if you get caught in a storm, or cool off in one of the water fountains
Those look really nice, do the little strappy bits across the toes rub to start with? Do they come up big as I’m a half size?
ClaireVC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Another vote for teva, got a pair for last year and I wore them all summer. Best sandals I have ever had.
I have narrow feet so I got the verra which has adjustable straps across the toes.
Just looking at getting another pair in a different colour
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
Another vote for teva, got a pair for last year and I wore them all summer. Best sandals I have ever had.
I have narrow feet so I got the verra which has adjustable straps across the toes.
Just looking at getting another pair in a different colour
Thank you for this, I like them and will get some - very similar to the Terra Fi which also has adjustable straps across the toes. I have arthritis in my big toe joints which stick out (like a bunion) and Teva straps neatly go around this joint, unlike many strappy sandals that go right across it causing me pain

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Merrell. Mine have a slight adjustment across the front. They are the most comfortable sandals ever
WDW All Stars Movies 2001- 10th Anniversary
WDW Carribean Beach Resort 2006
WDW All Stars Music 2008
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

I have used Teva for years, well the same pair since 2000 until last year when they looked too scruffy. Bought a similar style as the old ones were no longer made and they were just as good except they didn’t have the suede foot bed. Should have read the reviews first - within weeks they stunk. I tried everything, Teva know it’s a problem with bacteria and had suggestions to fix it.

The thing that worked was soaking them in Listerine and letting them dry slowly. No more problems and got my lovely Tevas back.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

shoes are such a personal thing. What is comfy for one person can cripple another.
I have feet that are wide at the toes only and always struggle to find comfy shoes that don't look like they are meant for my grandparents. I also need a little arch support or I get a splitting pain under my foot. Always had this since childhood.
In December I saw Fitflop had an online sale and I bought some sandals from them in silver. They are normal style not the bigger thick sole that Fitflop are famous for. However, the soles are very padded and they are so comfy. Wore them all weekend covered quite a few miles and not one bit rubbed. I was expecting to need to 'wear them in' like with most shoes I buy but I am very impressed.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Crocs, so comfy

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List