Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 23 Apr 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Resort parking for disabled

Just factoring in costs for budget. We always have a temporary disabled parking permit for our son when we visit. I’ve just looked at the resort parking fees which say it’s complimentry for disabled guests? I’m presuming this means if a member of the party has a valid disabled parking permit? Thanks.
Old 23 Apr 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I think so but I'm not an expert on this. I know I have read you can apply for a Florida permit by E Mail. It's on the Special Needs forum if that helps

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I think so but I'm not an expert on this. I know I have read you can apply for a Florida permit by E Mail. It's on the Special Needs forum if that helps
Thanks Tom. We always have one which is straight forward to get was just unsure to the resort parking fees now? Ta
Old 23 Apr 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I emailed Disney to check this a couple of weeks ago and they said hotel parking is complementary for disabled guests.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MikeH23
Very Serious Dibber

MikeH23's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
As mentioned above resort parking is complementary for disabled guests at all Disney resorts as is the valet parking at the deluxe resorts
MikeH23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Yes, resort parking is free for those with a disabled tag. Keep an eye on your charges though, we got charged but then had it refunded last September.
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

I emailed Disney, could not get a straight answer. They just said that Valet parking is free (plus tip) at Deluxe resorts.
VH said it is only free this year.
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Thanks guys
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MikeH23
Very Serious Dibber

MikeH23's Reviews
Just copied this from
disneyholidays/wal...ntent=redirect
Is every Guest charged to park a car?

Guests residing in the UK and Ireland checking in on or after 1st January 2020 will be charged for overnight resort parking.
Guests checking in late 2019 whose stay stretches into 2020 will not be charged as their arrival date is in 2019.
Disney Vacation Club Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. DVC Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Disney Resort Hotel.

Overnight self-parking will be complimentary for Guests with disabilities.

Edited at 08:23 PM.
MikeH23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Just so that people know, it’s no longer possible to apply for the temporary pass via email - my friend tried this last year and was told she would have to call in somewhere to apply in person. I can’t remember the details unfortunately but thought I should I should mention the change in case anyone relies on the email method.

My friend was able to park in disabled areas at all the parks without a problem by waving her U.K. permit as we approached the parking cast members.

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019

Edited at 08:25 PM.
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List