Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Apr 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Back since Thursday, our highs and lows

Just a week at Copper Creek at WL, myself, DH and DS 16, wonderful extra week away (thanks to a BA price flight glitch!) that did us all the world of good.

DS has his GCSEs next month so he'd spend an hour a day studying, that fitted in really well with the break during the day we like to take to go back and swim at the hotel.

Highs

BA & American Airways We had really good flights (aside from me being ill on the inbound, but that's not their fault), was really impressed with every aspect of all flights. Strangely enough at the boarding gate we bumped into our next door neighbour's nephew, we knew he was flying to the US & vice versa but had no idea we were all on the same flight!

Keys to the kingdom i've literally waited years to do this, so now that DS has turned 16 we did! I booked it for 8 am on our first morning as knew we'd be up at the crack of dawn. Our guide was Yaya and it was a really enjoyable tour, thoroughly recommend it if it's something you're interested in. However, If you're not interested in Disney trivia, art, arcitecture etc. bear in mind it's 5 hours of walking round MK with only the last hour in the utilidors. Loads of interesting facts that we know will make us smile every time we're in the MK now.

Wilderness Lodge Just completely and utterly fallen in love with this resort, I have no idea why we've never stayed here before, we added on DVC points here last year after staying at BRV and I'm so pleased we did. I'd requested a specific room and was VERY pleasantly surprised to get it, this gave us a view of HEA, the light pageant and the Geyser from our room, on our 2nd night while still retiring early, we even managed to watch HEA from bed!

Just loved the pools, Geyser Point is the best place to sit with a drink and enjoy the tranquility of Bay Lake, the boat transfers and hire are fabulous, we never waited more than 5 minutes for a boat to MK. We hired Sea Raycers also, not done that for years and it's so much fun!

Lows

Crowds. Just hideous. I've never seen it so busy, I'll never go at Easter again (unless I find another flight price glitch of course... ). We did know it would be rammed & we're usually off peak visitors but it was still a shock. We purely went into the parks for our FPs or EMH, then we'd leave again, which suited us as we did everything we wanted, just at a more relaxed pace. When we went in for our FPs, FOP standby was 3 1/2 hours by 10.30am, and Slinky Dog over 2 hours, did make me feel sorry for anyone who's unable to secure FPs for these rides.

Shopping Nothing wrong with it, I just hate it and my basketball crazy teen had designs on several Nike stores and Footlockers to track down specific player trainers - isn't it me who's supposed to be dragging him to the shops?

All in all just an amazing trip, aside from Whispering Canyon & Geyser Point we ate offsite mostly which is our preference - Outback Steakhouse, Sweet Tomatoes, Cracker Barrel, Hash House a go go & a couple of steak places.

Feeling very lucky to have been able to get this extra trip in.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Glad you had such a good trip. We were there a couple of weeks ago and crowds were bad! We stayed at WL for 1 night and will definitely stay again, I absolutely love the place! The room you had sounds amazing. I hope we can be DVC owners one day
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sueandco
Imagineer

sueandco's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Glad you had a great trip, sometimes the bonus trips where you don’t try to do too much can be wonderful in their own way.
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Thanks for this, I do love WL but the location just doesn’t work for us anymore, so unlikely to stay there again.
Still, you never know...

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

Didn’t realise they still had Sea Raycers, I assumed they had gone with Sammy Duvall. I definitely fancy trying those
Old 23 Apr 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Glad you had a great time xx
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Thank you all

Originally Posted by JellyEllieBean View Post
Didn’t realise they still had Sea Raycers, I assumed they had gone with Sammy Duvall. I definitely fancy trying those
They have them at WL, The Contemporary and I 'think' The Poly. DS's was much faster than mine, I'm sure this is down to mine having an inferior engine and nothing at all to do with my butt currently needing it's own postcode

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Hel22
Trainee Dibber

Sounds lovely, we are desperate to stay at WL, but have never been able to get availability, just returned from a 17 night stay at Beach club and visited WL for Character dining at Artist Point. I absolutely loved the hotel, tried to secure next year but at present no availability in any school hols. Glad you enjoyed.
Hel22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds as though you've had a great week. Would love to try WL one day.

We're doing Keys to the Kingdom tour shortly. Do you mind me asking where you ate and what rides you did? Daughter in a tizzy as doesn't like surprises!
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Itsabunthing View Post
Sounds as though you've had a great week. Would love to try WL one day.

We're doing Keys to the Kingdom tour shortly. Do you mind me asking where you ate and what rides you did? Daughter in a tizzy as doesn't like surprises!
Of course, we ate at Peco Bills, you pre-order your meal before setting off on the tour so it's ready for you when you stop for lunch & the section you eat in is roped off for KTTK guests only. Rides we did were The Jungle Cruise & THM.

Enjoy