Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Apr 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Travel insurance - couple

Hi

Think I have been thinking wrong but would like confirmation please

Joint travel insurance hubby/wife

Say 15M for medical cover

Say 5,000 for cancellation

My question is please is that per person or for both of us total

I was thinking 15M/5,000 BETWEEN US

Thank you 😊
Old 23 Apr 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
thefergies
Apprentice Imagineer

Buying a policy for the two of you will mean sums insured per section of the policy are per person.
thefergies is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Because our ages and PEMCs are a little against us we have a joint Boots Platinum policy. This includes £10m medical each and £7.5k cancellation each. No excesses on any of the insured risks.

Mick
Old 24 Apr 19, 02:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Amaya
Earning More Ears

Limits quoted will be per insured person unless stated otherwise. Even if this weren’t the case it is rare for travel insurance medical costs in the us to exceed 2 million. The highest I have seen was for an accident (not in Florida ) which went a little over 3.
Amaya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 06:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Thank you 😊
Old 24 Apr 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

I know you need tell about pre existing but do you for example say had ear infection if happened over a certain period.
Old 24 Apr 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Eeyorefanuk View Post
I know you need tell about pre existing but do you for example say had ear infection if happened over a certain period.
Because our premiums are higher than average I've really tested the market over the past few years. Maybe 7 or 8 direct and 2 or 3 price comparison sites. The latter, for us anyway, were a complete waste of time. Either they were twice the price of Boots for less cover or they say their "partners" couldn't cover us.

Every single one, after asking personal and holiday details, asked if we'd EVER had serious diagnoses for such as heart, circulation, cancer etc. That's EVER not just in the last couple of years.

Then they will screen you for diagnoses, treatments etc over the past couple of years. That's where to declare such things as ear infections.

They won't necessarily increase the premium for those things but they will acknowledge that you've told them.

The Boots web site is very thorough and intuitive. Start typing "CAN" for example and it will drop down to about 100 cancers.

Mick