Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Apr 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

Quick trip review

10 day trip for just me and DD(12) - her 3rd visit my 6th. We had a ball. So much easier just the 2 of us 😄 Used single rider now and again when it was very busy - especially at Universal as I didn’t buy Express pass. Used Uber for the first time to go to Universal. This was great ! So easy and prices really good.
Flew with Virgin - got economy seats in the bubble and loved it ! And great going direct rather than via LGR or LGW with BA as done previously.
CSR 6-16th April - loved the resort, staff great ❤️ Only thing I missed was our own space for sitting out - previous trips were villas and OKW. Buses were good, just one day at MK we seemed to have a long wait.
Parks - did all Disney and 1 day at both Universal. Really busy in all of them. FP worked great. Loved FOP - amazing ! Did a last minute dessert party for HEA which was worth it. Great view, sitting in garden, although it was pretty packed too.
Food - upgraded to table service. Enjoyed most of our food. Really liked Storybook Dining - mushroom soup and gnocchi especially. Evil Queen was just fab ❤️
Weather - just right. Love the sun, wasn’t too hot for DD. Only 1 afternoon and 1 evening of any rain of note.
Back home last night after spending Easter with parents. DD back at school today. Next visit will probably be a big family one again as parents got in the mood looking at the photos and no way will I be able to go again without my older DS and DD so just have to wait on schedules matching 😄 DH isn’t fussed either way lol so if he’s working and can’t go won’t mind at all. (We do holiday to other places with him, it’s not like he won’t get away &#128516
Thanks to the Dibb for all the help along the way Lots of useful info as always.
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post

A nice mother and daughter trip for the memory banks ... : - )
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds like you had a great time. I am going in July with just DD (16) and am really looking forward to it.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List