Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Apr 19, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile Any fitness experts?

I go to the gym/classes every day of the week. Usually a mix of metafit, spinning and BodyPump and core. Recently though I’ve been dropping off metafit and BodyPump and core in favour of a hiit workout on my own in the gym (programme given to me by the trainer at the gym) - just a 30 minute 30/30 hiit workout with a bit of core at the end. It’s tough but I’ve been loving seeing the calorie burn and felt like I am starting to feel a difference. Because of the long weekend (incidentally I did go on Sunday because of gym closed Friday and Monday) I decided instead of doing my hiit I’d go back to metafit - it nearly killed me!
Compared to my own hiit workout I burnt half the calories, with the hiit I am in “peak” for most of the workout yet at the end I was struggling to get my breath. I felt shaky and light headed and just generally felt lousy.
The largest % of the workout shows as cardio. Is this why?
Tbh it scared me - I was having palps which at the time didn’t overly scare me as I’m 50 and the menopause is hanging around and I get them odd times but it was the fact I was on the floor at the end, couldn’t breathe, light headed and sick and shaky.
The only other thing I can think is over the last day or so I’ve been sniffly I think pollen? And I meant to take anti histamine but forgot. After the session I was coughing a bit with being out of breathe and today I’m a bit wheezy - could it be that?
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Is your blood pressure a bit low ?
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Sounds like you may be slightly over doing it? Am no expert but you seem to be doing a lot of intense exercise maybe just have a few days of walking or swimming to ease off a little until you feel better, it might well be the heat or hay fever. Do you have fitbit? A few of us do regular walking challenges and its just for fun but keeps you moving!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Thanks for replies.
Blood pressure is always in the low side always has been. I did ponder that I didn’t eat much yesterday so maybe didn’t have the fuel onboard.

Thing is I do the classes week in week out. I used to miss but I’m really on a mission that I don’t feel “blobby” when we go to Florida so I’ve really been sticking to them and watching what I’m eating etc. I used to just do the classes but over the last couple of weeks I’ve swapped the odd class for the gym hiit workout and I’ve been fine. It’s just going back to metafit (which I used to do every week) which seems to have floored me ☹️

And yes I have a Fitbit - that’s what I was looking at comparing the readouts of the classes and the hiit is like a majority of RED (peak workout) and high calorie burn. Whereas the metafit was literally a few minutes peak with 79% cardio and literally half of the calorie burn of the hiit workout. So I was thinking I have burnt hardly any calories but I’m floored.

Edited at 07:29 AM.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I’m not hugely fit these days but used to be much fitter working out either weights or running most days, I had a couple of occasions when I felt like you did, once when I was on a diet and had to walk on a run (which I never did!) and once when it just felt so hard to keep going and the next day I came down with a nasty virus both of those scenarios could tie in with yours.
You sound like you know what your doing so as long as you feel ok to exercise I’d just carry on but not push so hard for a session or two and make sure you’ve eaten and drunk plenty. If you’re then ok then it’s just probably one of those off days but if it continues then you probably need to cut back a bit and see your doctor if I carries on.
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

By no way am I an expert but it looks like you drained yourself tbh, no glycogen left in the muscles and no reserves to call on, also if you keep doing the same routines all the time your body gets used to them and that is why if You have dropped something and then go back to it you can find it really hard and your body finds it a bit of a shock.just reread your post, yes if you were a bit sniffly and didn’t have your histamine this can really have a big effect as you are trying to get oxygen in for fuel but if you are blocked up then your lungs etc have to work extra hard to supply your oxygen, hope this helps you .

Edited at 08:45 AM.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Labboy View Post
By no way am I an expert but it looks like you drained yourself tbh, no glycogen left in the muscles and no reserves to call on, also if you keep doing the same routines all the time your body gets used to them and that is why if You have dropped something and then go back to it you can find it really hard and your body finds it a bit of a shock.
Completely agree with this.

My first thought reading that is that you weren't adequately fuelled, what do you eat before working out?

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Completely agree with this.

My first thought reading that is that you weren't adequately fuelled, what do you eat before working out?
Exactly one of my first thoughts Poohbear.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Could be anaemia too?
My symptoms when running were

aching muscles
heavy legs
breathlessness
palpitations
sickness
dizziness

general tiredness

If it continues ask the docs to check your iron levels x
Old 24 Apr 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Labboy View Post
By no way am I an expert but it looks like you drained yourself tbh, no glycogen left in the muscles and no reserves to call on, also if you keep doing the same routines all the time your body gets used to them and that is why if You have dropped something and then go back to it you can find it really hard and your body finds it a bit of a shock.just reread your post, yes if you were a bit sniffly and didn’t have your histamine this can really have a big effect as you are trying to get oxygen in for fuel but if you are blocked up then your lungs etc have to work extra hard to supply your oxygen, hope this helps you .
I would agree with this and also say that you sound like you didn’t have enough fuel before you trained. What did you eat? I always have 30g porridge oats with almond milk and a handful of blueberries before I train and find it kicks in pretty quick. If I don’t then I feel like you did. I sympathise, it’s a horrid feeling.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List