Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Jun 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

HHN without express pass (26th Sept - 10th Oct) - possible?

Hi!

Last time we did HHN we bought express passes for 1 day and did most of the houses that night, then we weren't in a rush to do anything the remaining nights.

We went earlier than we're going this year though and I'm guessing that earlier = quieter. We haven't yet bought express for 2019.

If we have 8 nights to go, would you think we'll be good with doing early entry etc (where you stay in the park before the event) and not have to bother with express passes?

26th Sept - 10th Oct are our holiday dates.
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post

There is an express pass for HHN? Well I never knew that (as I haven't been but I am thinking about it).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
There is an express pass for HHN? Well I never knew that (as I haven't been but I am thinking about it).
Yes! Details here: hhntickets.universalorlando... des/index.html
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by aj26392 View Post
Yes! Details here: hhntickets.universalorlando... des/index.html
Well I just looked at a few youtube vlogs and there is mention of lines 90 minutes and 3 hours long. I don't think I will bother, but if I were, yes I would get an express pass.
Old 12 Jun 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Well I just looked at a few youtube vlogs and there is mention of lines 90 minutes and 3 hours long. I don't think I will bother, but if I were, yes I would get an express pass.
Haha yes they get long - but don't let that put you off! You can do something called stay and scream - if you are in the park before something like 5pm, you can stay while they kick all non HHN guests out. You then get let into one/two houses early before the gates to the event open 😊 this is what I was referring to in my post above.
Old 12 Jun 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Haha yes they get long - but don't let that put you off! You can do something called stay and scream - if you are in the park before something like 5pm, you can stay while they kick all non HHN guests out. You then get let into one/two houses early before the gates to the event open 😊 this is what I was referring to in my post above.
I won't have regular park tickets, just the HHN ticket if we go.
Old 12 Jun 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Hmr89
slightly serious Dibber

We've done HHN 4 times in the past and have managed to do all of the houses over 3 nights with no express pass by using the early entry. Normally do 2 of the houses that open early first then head right to the back of the park before the queues build up.
Never been on a Friday or a Saturday night though so can't comment on how doable it is if you're restricted to those days x
Hmr89 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hmr89 View Post
We've done HHN 4 times in the past and have managed to do all of the houses over 3 nights with no express pass by using the early entry. Normally do 2 of the houses that open early first then head right to the back of the park before the queues build up.
Never been on a Friday or a Saturday night though so can't comment on how doable it is if you're restricted to those days x
Thanks - we've got the FF+ pass so can go in all nights apart from Saturday nights I believe!
Old 12 Jun 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

Hi!

Last time we did HHN we bought express passes for 1 day and did most of the houses that night, then we weren't in a rush to do anything the remaining nights.

We went earlier than we're going this year though and I'm guessing that earlier = quieter. We haven't yet bought express for 2019.

If we have 8 nights to go, would you think we'll be good with doing early entry etc (where you stay in the park before the event) and not have to bother with express passes?

26th Sept - 10th Oct are our holiday dates.
We went to HHN middle of September in 2017 and didn’t use any express pass, but still got to do all the houses in one evening.

If you’ve got multiple days, I’d see what it likes the first night, and see what I can get done, then just do anything else the other nights.
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
pegasus928
slightly serious Dibber

As you are going multiple nights I would give the Stay and Scream a go and see how it works for you. Fridays will be busy - there is no avoiding that, just so long as you are aware you should be able to plan around it.
The first night you go I would use the Simpsons area holding zone. They generally take you to the back of the park around Men in Black. Here you should be able to do 3 houses minimum - possibly 4 depending on how quickly the crowd moves through the park. After that use the park app to keep a check on queue times and hit another house accordingly. If you want to stay later use the time to enjoy the scare zones and show.
On the second night - provided its not a Friday - go to Finnegans holding zone as early as you can and try to get to the head of the queue that will release you to Stranger Things. If last year is anything to go by this will be the longest queue from the start of the night to the end and you shouldn't be surprised if you see times of greater than 3 hours. Do this house first then come out and head for the houses around the back of Jimmy Fallon. You may get 2 or 3 done before the queues start to grow.
The other holding zone they use is the Hello Kitty area for the house that is behind Shrek. Once you have done this one you can head over to Barnies play area and knock out a couple of the houses quickly as the exits normally lead to the entrance for another one.
Over the course of 3 nights we have easily done all the houses - then on return visits focused on our favourites.
pegasus928 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List