Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Jun 15, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

Mobile Dream Castle or Explorers?

Hi everyone!

Looking to book our second trip (last one was 8 years ago) Back then, we stayed at the Dream Castle and it was beautiful. However, the Explorers hotel looks great too. Particularly the pool as our DS loves swimming. Our DD is going too but will be with her choir as they are singing in the choral festival out there, so they are staying in one of the Disney hotels. How far is explorers from DLP? Is it near Dream Castle?

Which of these hotels would you recommend? DS will be nearly 10 by then.

Thanks in advance!
'OHANA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 15, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

we stayed in explorers a few years ago,and could recommend it,getting to the parks was easy,free shuttle,every 10 mins back then,not sure now,didnt seem to take to long.nice pizza place down stairs,very informal, good pool,but cold.rooms that slept 6,which was needed for us at the time. mo x
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 15, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We stayed at dream castle for my 40th. Loved it and the smell was amazing lol. Think explorers is next door.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 15, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

We have stayed at both. I think I prefer Explorers but there isn't much to choose between them tbh. They are pretty much next to each other and if I remember correctly, they are served by the same shuttle bus. It takes about ten minutes to get to the park on the shuttle but it is probably too far to walk. The pool is better at Explorers (not that we had time to go in them, but it looked better!)
Whichever you choose, I am sure you will have a great time.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 15, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
aay_esha
Apprentice Imagineer

I've stayed at Dream Castle twice and love it there! I think the Explorer one is literally right next door as well and served by the same shuttle bus!
aay_esha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 15, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

Thanks everyone!
Booked last night, flying from Newcastle - we're closer to Glasgow but NCL is cheaper, better flight times and direct! Staying at Explorers hotel 👍 have already discovered that DH and DS will need to wear speedo type swimwear 😂😂😂😂😂 they'll be ecstatic!
'OHANA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 15, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

We went to the explorers in January just for 1 night prior to moving onsite. We had a refurbed room but the cot they provided for DS was very old, had holes in it and heavily marked! The sheets were clean but the cot had seen better days. We chose it for the pool and bought the speedo shorts for DH and DS, however, we found it absolutely freezing! DS loves swimming but we lasted about 10mins. Even us adults found it cold! The slides were good tho! I haven't got experience of the dream castle.

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 15, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Just back from Explorers. It was brilliant. My daughter became ill just after we arrived and staff couldn't have been more helpful. We had to stay on longer as she wasn't allowed to fly. The play areas inside and outside kept her amused on days that we didn't go to Disney.
We will go back next year and hopefully everyone will be fit and healthy.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 15, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread