Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 1 Sep 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Alfiebeau
Trying for More Ears

Upgrading to DXDDP

If I book a free dining package with Disney Holidays now would I be able to upgrade to Deluxe Dining nearer the time if we decide to add it on?

Alfiebeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Dizzny Momma
Excited about Disney

I think the answer is YES. Disney will always take your money but unless you are a real 'foodie' then to me it's not worth it, it eats into your time in the parks but that's just my opinion of course.
Margaret
Dizzny Momma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yes. I think adding on or upgrading dining plan has to be done at least 3 days in advance though.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Don’t forget to factor in the increased % cost of the tip.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Alfiebeau View Post
If I book a free dining package with Disney Holidays now would I be able to upgrade to Deluxe Dining nearer the time if we decide to add it on?

We are considering it still and can be done up to a few days before , one character breakfast and one signature a day is not too much food or hassle but it depends on what you want from the holiday. We are all adults so won’t be sharing any meals and we have 5 nights dining. Bear g in mind the exchange rate it’s pretty decent value even including the tips .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 02:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Alfiebeau View Post

Yes we upgraded to the deluxe dining plan quite a bit after the original booking. It didn’t have any impact on park time, we generally had breakfast and a signature dinner.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m just back - I always upgrade to deluxe. We have a sit down breakfast and signature dinner usually so it works for us. You can add it on up until a few days before. Not sure how that works if it’s a package holiday as we tend to book direct.

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Alfiebeau
Trying for More Ears

Thanks all - if we get the DDP it’s always deluxe as we mainly eat in signature restaurants anyway.

I’ve just never booked free dining via Disney UK before x
Alfiebeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are debating if this is worth it too, our plan is either POFQ and upgrade dining or SSR depending on cost, but we are looking at deluxe dining as we planned to go to Bull and Bear on our anniversary (circa $500) and then we would have to pay for one signature too so i was debating whether its worth just scrapping it and upgrade to deluxe dining. The thing that is putting me off is the tips doubling, think we paid around £400 this year so i'm not sure if its worth it

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
We are debating if this is worth it too, our plan is either POFQ and upgrade dining or SSR depending on cost, but we are looking at deluxe dining as we planned to go to Bull and Bear on our anniversary (circa $500) and then we would have to pay for one signature too so i was debating whether its worth just scrapping it and upgrade to deluxe dining. The thing that is putting me off is the tips doubling, think we paid around £400 this year so i'm not sure if its worth it
I suppose the upside of not upgrading is being able to go to those restaurants not covered by DDP.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List