Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 21 Sep 19, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
MickeysGirl
Imagineer

Mobile

I was a little disappointed. It was very predictable and I agree with previous poster it seemed like an extended TV special. Not sure what I was expecting, I went with no expectations as I hadn't read the plot or any reviews.
MickeysGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Went this afternoon. It did feel a bit weird watch a TV programme at the cinema. Lots of money thrown at the scenery and far more outdoor scenes. As others have said a bit weak on plot.

Part of the storyline went beyond believable.

To me it set up for a another film if this one makes the money. There were clear pointers to many future life events for both upstairs and downstairs.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I must be in the minority as I thought it was weak and pathetic waste of my time and money.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I absolutely loved it! But then I am a huge fan!
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Went to see it last night. At the start it seemed very wooden but it did get better. I agree with others it was like a Christmas special and I'm glad I got it on a 2for1 on the meerkat deal because it wasn't worth paying full price for. Had to laugh at the Dowager though, she reminds me of my Mum with some of things she comes out with, she just doesn't care haha.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
JK's Mummy
Imagineer

I thought it was a bit 'try hard' with Maggie Smith's one liners- it seemed they were trying to make a comedy. However I would watch it again if it came on TV because I loved the series so much.
JK's Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Ruth
Imagineer

I haven’t seen the film yet but love the series.

Have stayed quite a few times at Esseborne Manor where the cast stayed during their 6 years of filming and last time we managed to get tickets for Highclere Castle. It was lovely as they had large photos in each room of the cast during filming.
Ruth is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List