Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 2 Dec 18, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

C&L South African Adventure Oct 2018 - Day 15 - Travel Home and after thoughts

Day 15

We woke up feeling slightly delicate after all of the wine!

We got ready, had breakfast, M had bought some cinnamon donuts which were amazing!

We then headed to the airport 🙁

We had checked in online but had been given awful seats on our first flight to Dubai (2 in the middle of a 4), we asked at check in and had been given different ones on the edge of a 4 – least I could get up and go to the toilet now!

Our flight was leaving about at 1 so we grabbed a take away burger from the airport to try make ourselves feel slightly better.

We boarded the flight and left at 1.20pm.

We were served some food during the flight, I had to have a veggie main as the normal one had nuts in. This was really nice though.

I had found that M had sneaked my new favourite chocolate bar in my bag .

We landed in Dubai on time and had about 2 hours before our next flight. No visit from my sister this time due to the short time, we were also taking off at 2am!

I loved the cameras at the front.

We left Dubai on time, we had booked seats upstairs. I would definitely recommend this if you can, the service was brilliant. The flight was also very quiet and I had the seat next to me free, I spread out and slept really well.

Before we knew it we were back at Gatwick and in our taxi home.

Afterthoughts

We absolutely loved South Africa, after our visit to WDW for our honeymoon, it has been our favourite holiday!

We booked it all ourselves so we knew it was a bit of a risk that somethings might not quite go as planned, but everything went smoothly.

We made the most of the trip, did as much as we could and it all feels a bit of a blur now !

Flights

We flew indirect with emirates as it saved us £500 from flying direct. The journeys were long but we loved Emirates and we were glad we had saved the money.

Accommodation

The safari was the best thing we had ever done and we loved Shindzela Tented Camp. The accommodation was lovely, the game drives were great and we cannot say a bad word about it! It brands itself as the affordable safari and I would definitely agreed, I think it was great value with everything that was included.

We had a slight mishap with the accommodation in Hoedspruit but it was sorted and we loved it. The location was great to enable us to do the self-drive.

We are very sad that the holiday is over, but it was everything we had hoped and so much more!

Thank you for reading
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Thanks again for such a readable and informative report - really enjoyable. Next time you go, do a Great White cage dive from Gansbaai, then you can say you’ve seen the Big7!
Your trippie has really whet our appetite for our next visit.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

I’ve really enjoyed reading your trippie and you clearly put a lot of thought in to the planning and you did a lot of fab things. I also took a look at your 2016 trip to Malaysia to see the F1 as we’ve just booked for Singapore next year.
Old 2 Dec 18, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
BONZO
Imagineer

Loved your reports thank you - we're off to Cape Town and Frankschoek in January so will definitely be using some of your tips!

1988 ~ Contemporary ~ Honeymoon
1989 ~ Off site
1994 ~ EuroDisney ~ Santa Fe
1999 ~ Off site
2001 ~ CBR (Aruba) ~ Poly (Tahiti)
2003 ~ WL & HRH
2004 ~ Pop Century, RPH, CSR, PBH, Contemporary
2006 ~ DLP ~ Newport Bay
2007 ~ POR ~ HRH ~ GF
2008 ~ All star sports, BCV, RPH, Vero Beach, VWL
2010 ~ OKW ~ BCV ~ HRH ~POP Century ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL
2013 ~ AKL ~ HRH ~ BCV ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL
BONZO is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BONZO View Post
Loved your reports thank you - we're off to Cape Town and Frankschoek in January so will definitely be using some of your tips!
See you there!
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Thanks Laura - a truly fabulous report! DS would love to do a safari so you have given me food for thought!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

I’ve really enjoyed reading your trip report, thanks for sharing. It looked like an amazing holiday and somewhere to add to my wishlist
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Have just binge read the rest of your report and as usual you had a fantastic, jammed packed interesting trip - loved reading it and thanks for sharing
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What an amazing holiday, really makes me want to go and explore South Africa

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List