Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 19 May 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Cannot make my mind up- need inspiration

My 7 month window for my Xmas trip is here tomorrow.

I am doing a split stay- first bit 20-26 Dec, second section 26-31.

I don't want to stay at SSR until the refurb is done, and it's looking like there is no chance of that- otherwise, my choice would have been easy and I would have done the second slot there.

First bit I am doing Riviera I think, as a) It is available in the busiest time I have ever seen at Xmas (Star Wars, must be), and b) Whilst I don't like the location, the rooms look impressive, I am keen to stay just after it has opened 4 days before, and I want to try the Skyliner. I will report back on it when there.

It is the second bit I am struggling with. I like OKW and the proximity to DS and the extra bed in the 1 bed (girl and boy children so better). Also the new refurb.

But something is calling me to Boulder Ridge as it is Xmas. But no extra bed, and I am somewhat put off by the slight scruffiness of the rooms (refurb 2 years I think) as highlighted on Pete Werner on Dis recent Youtube video where he goes with his mother.

Also OKW is fewer points (by a bit).

Can anyone inspire me to come to a decision? I have another 6 days to make a decision on the second bit.

Edited at 06:03 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

OKW would be my choice as it seems to work out better for you all around.

The pros outweigh the cons!
Old 19 May 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

I’d describe Boulder Ridge as homely - I’ve a soft spot for Wilderness Lodge and it really is magical at Christmas. depends if smart & sophisticated is more your scene! OKW is my least favourite resort though.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
I’d describe Boulder Ridge as homely - I’ve a soft spot for Wilderness Lodge and it really is magical at Christmas. depends if smart & sophisticated is more your scene! OKW is my least favourite resort though.
I am anything but smart and sophisticated, I do like a nice room though. I do like OKW but the rooms were getting old last time I was there- that problem is solved, just never stayed WL at Xmas. We also like to go running, is the path still open to Fort Wilderness with the construction does anyone know?

Edited at 07:10 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Stay at SSR. Take loads of photos, make regular complaints and get your Points refunded. Job done

Being serious OKW all day long in your situation ref the children.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

I think the path between WL and Fort Wilderness campground is closed at present due to the construction of the new Reflections resort at River Country. You do see runners jogging past when waiting at the WL bus stops so there must be a route somewhere.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
I think the path between WL and Fort Wilderness campground is closed at present due to the construction of the new Reflections resort at River Country. You do see runners jogging past when waiting at the WL bus stops so there must be a route somewhere.
Thanks that was what I was thinking, I wonder where the route is if it is shut off.
Old 20 May 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Well those plans went to pot! Clicked to book on Riviera standard view, all fine, but then first night disappeared before I clicked on confirm. Snooze and lose, fastest finger first- I was in a meeting that overran by a few minutes! Strange how 20/12 has gone only- may appear again I suppose. In interim I have booked Beach Club- not a bad consolation prize. May waitlist Riviera, not sure, Beach Club less points and I love it there anyway. Could have had Boardwalk, but thought would have a change as there last summer. A lot of rooms seemed to disappear this morning for some reason. Could have had Riviera preferred but too points intensive- I am hoping to do Grand Californian and another WDW stint next year.

Edited at 01:22 PM.
Old 20 May 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Well those plans went to pot! Clicked to book on Riviera standard view, all fine, but then first night disappeared before I clicked on confirm...
That's a shame, you can't beat being amongst the first to stay in a new resort. We were day one guests at BLT when it opened and were able to check in to a ready room at 7am

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
That's a shame, you can't beat being amongst the first to stay in a new resort. We were day one guests at BLT when it opened and were able to check in to a ready room at 7am
Yes in 2 minds- we wouldn't be checking in early though as we don't arrive until 2.20 at Orlando. I did fancy being one of the first in the resort, but I asked Mrs YT- should I waitlist Riviera but she says no, 38 point saving and she likes Beach Club. So looks like it worked out in the end.
Sunday is the next test.