Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 31 Aug 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’ve always stayed loyal to DCL and never cruised any other line.
However, I’m just about to set sail with Princess next Saturday. No particular reason for the switch except I was restricted to September and I liked the itinerary that I’m doing.
I will be very interested to make a comparison.
DCL will always remain my cruise of choice when cruising with the grandkids but I could well be persuaded to switch to others going forwards.
I’m actually not wild about the food on DCL. It all sounds lovely on the menu but I’m just not a fan of mass catering meaning my food arrives at best luke warm. Some servers really work hard for me to limit this and others couldn’t care.
I do also like the opportunity to dress up, and DCL is very casual now even in Palo. I guess that’s popular with many folks but I enjoy the more formal aspect of cruising, so I’m actually hoping that Princess will be a little more dressy and enforce their dress code which DCL doesn’t seem to anymore.
Disney have new ships coming, so it will be interesting to see what impact if any that has on different options.
Old 31 Aug 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

Simon B.
We were also on the Britannia dining which was fine for us. We have cruised concierge several times on DCL but I really wouldn’t have wanted to dine with the elite Cunard die hards in their ‘exclusive’ restaurants. We had lovely normal people on our table who didn’t spend time talking about all the cruises they had been on and boring the pants off us.
I was also terrified of the dress code but it was only 2 nights out of 7 the rest were just smart casual. I saw a Japanese gentleman with a cap and anorak on going in to dinner.They didn’t bat an eyelid at him so not that strictly enforced.
Friends of ours went on same cruise itinerary with P&O and hated it. Said too many people who got drunk, poor food/seating for dinner and amateurish entertainment
They may have just been unlucky but it’s put them off cruising with P&O again whereas we have booked again with Cunard for next year.
Still at my happiest on dcl though. Looking forward to 13th on Dream.
At the end of the day it’s all marmite!
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
My first cruise was DCl when my DS, since then I’ve done three Carnival ones (7 plus days), all of which he loved. Plus I’ve been on RCL twice, once ship in the Caribbean had great food, the other Oasis in the Med, food was below par in my opinion compared to Adventure. I’ve also been on NCL and Tui.

Rates on value for money
Carnival
NCL/RCL
Tui
DCL

Food
DCL (it was over 10 years ago)
NCL/Carnival
RCL because of the bad experience on Oasis
Tui

I don’t drink and I don’t use the ships wi-fi, I use three for my mobile and access the internet when in port or close to shore.

If you have kids then I would try Carnival or RCL, I haven’t been on a big NCL ship so I don’t know what there is for them to do.

We tried Carnival and loved it after Disney, I thought I would hate it. They have some lovely new ships and don’t believe all you hear about the party atmosphere, on all three ships I have been on they wasn’t any party drinking that I saw. They limit the drinks to 15 per day if you have a package.
1990. - somewhere on the 192,2006 - Country Inn and Suites LBK, 2007- LA and San Diego, 2008 - Regal Palms, 2009 - OKW, 2010- Yacht Club, 2011- DCL Magic - Med,2012 - Yacht Club, 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med cruise, 2014 Carnival Breeze and the Yacht Club

Photo app trip reports Carnival Med Cruise and VA & BA UC & Club indexhttp://http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/reporter-index.php?userid=19933

Pre cruise Med http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...d+cruise+mouse
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

We did RCI from Port Canaveral this August and thought the food wasn't up to the same standard as the European RCI cruises from Southampton. Loved Coco Cay and I read that next year some cruises will spend 2 days there

Edited at 03:11 PM.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

my idea of a nightmare. x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List