Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 4 Oct 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Drag Race UK

Is anyone watching?

I saw the first episode last night and really enjoyed it. It has the classic drag race feel but with a very British overlay.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

I am not sure, I love RPDR but it felt strange. Will need to watch a few more before I decide.
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I loved it! I was worried they would gear it towards the American audience more but I think they kept exactly the right balance with it.

Who is your fave to win? My early favourites are The Vivienne and Sum Ting Wong

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

The UK queens are much more ... crude, I guess? Didn’t like Scaredy Kat’s ‘severed head’ punchline at all.

Loved the stamp though! Genius idea from Sum Ting Wong.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

I love drag race! Can’t wait to start watching this!
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
The UK queens are much more ... crude, I guess? Didn’t like Scaredy Kat’s ‘severed head’ punchline at all.

Loved the stamp though! Genius idea from Sum Ting Wong.
Yeah, I agree with that! Very crude.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by kellsbells View Post
I loved it! I was worried they would gear it towards the American audience more but I think they kept exactly the right balance with it.

Who is your fave to win? My early favourites are The Vivienne and Sum Ting Wong
I liked Sum Ting Wong and Blu Hydrangea.

I was very pleased with who went last night - I won't spoil it for anyone else yet but was the right decision!
Old 4 Oct 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

ive never seen the us one, but watched because my 12 yr old dd's bf watches the us, and i thought my dd might ask to see it. I didn't feel it was age appropriate, but can i ask, is the us one a lot milder, or would those of you who have watched the us one feel it was still a bit strong for nearly 13. Im sure some of it would go over their heads but not enough. Her friend is not a much older than her years kind of girl, so i was a bit surprised. Hoping my dd doesn't spot it next time she watches bbc iplayer and ask to watch.
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I watched it on iPlayer and it said not suitable for under 16s.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DFussy View Post
ive never seen the us one, but watched because my 12 yr old dd's bf watches the us, and i thought my dd might ask to see it. I didn't feel it was age appropriate, but can i ask, is the us one a lot milder, or would those of you who have watched the us one feel it was still a bit strong for nearly 13. Im sure some of it would go over their heads but not enough. Her friend is not a much older than her years kind of girl, so i was a bit surprised. Hoping my dd doesn't spot it next time she watches bbc iplayer and ask to watch.
My girls are nearly 14 and I still pause it if they come in the room. They’ve showed interest in it and I’ve let them watch bits but I wouldn’t let them watch it all. I don’t mind the swearing so much as they know not to repeat that, but some of it is too rude for them and while they wouldn’t get a lot of it, I wouldn’t want them asking about it or repeating it.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List