Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Sep 13, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

We are going Oct half term too. Travel by car on sat 26th 4 nts. Eurotunnel courtesy of tesco vouchers but if you don't have any it's abut £110 but rising daily. We booked adagio at val d europe for £330 on expedia but got an extra 10% off via quidco. We already have annual passes but even if you buy them on the gate it's €159 ea and will be better value than a 4 day ticket. You can't use it on the Sat as it's a blackout day unless you get dream ones for €199 ea. This will give you free parking and extra magic hours, 10% off food and shopping onsite.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 13, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post

You need to get on the mailing list for DLP so you know as soon as the offers come out. At the moment there is 40% off (though probably all gone for Oct half term this year so you're seeing full price, but about next April there will be offers for Oct 2014. The main offer is book 2nts/3days and get 2nts/2days free. Unfortunately as your older child is over 12yrs you won't benefit from kids under 12 stay & play free deals, so will always have to pay for your older child, which means that offsite might work out cheaper for you.
Arrive on Sunday or Monday, this is recommended anyway as DLP is heaving at weekends all year round.
Book your transport separately and direct. We drive from West Yorkshire and use the Eurotunnel, it works out the cheapest way for us. For us driving costs the same price as Eurostar for us but we get free train travel to London and cheap Eurostar through DH job, so if we paid full price Eurostar would be much more expensive, even though there are 5 of us, DD2 is still free on train and Eurostar so would be same for a family of 4.
Last October half term we got a room on Admiral's floor at Newport Bay for 4nts/5days for £649, allow for price increases and the fact you have to pay for your 13yr old, but I reckon you would get that hotel with park tickets for about £1k, then add your transport.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 13, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
LaraT
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 23
Guidebook Reviews: 1
If you are getting the train get yourself a family railcard. It's £30 for the year and saves you 1/3 off your rail travel and even more for kids. Returning from London to Edinburgh for both me and DD13 this October has only cost £31
LaraT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 13, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post

I would try hang off till next year and get the 2 nights free when you book 2 nights for April half term or next October if you can stand to wait that long! Plus you will get flight/train cheaper if you book further in advance
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 13, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by piglet100 View Post
Buy Annual Passes if visiting for more than 3 days - also saves you money on shops and dining.
Hi,

Sorry to jump in, but where can you purchase the annual passes. We where looking to buy the 4 days for the price of 3 for our next trip. But if the annual pass is better and includes discounts i might just go for that

G xx
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 13, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gtyrel10 View Post
Hi,

Sorry to jump in, but where can you purchase the annual passes. We where looking to buy the 4 days for the price of 3 for our next trip. But if the annual pass is better and includes discounts i might just go for that

G xx
google Disneyland Paris annual passes to get loads of information on the current gate prices (if buying when you arrive at DLP) for each type of annual pass, plus the conditions of use and discounts available on each one.

You can either buy them at full price from DLP themselves, at the park when you arrive, or you can buy discounted passes through the likes of promoparcs, cemultiavantages, and at certain times of the year, fnac. These are all legitimate French ticket agencies, and you can buy from them regardless of where you live (you don't have to be a French resident).
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 13, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
google Disneyland Paris annual passes to get loads of information on the current gate prices (if buying when you arrive at DLP) for each type of annual pass, plus the conditions of use and discounts available on each one.

You can either buy them at full price from DLP themselves, at the park when you arrive, or you can buy discounted passes through the likes of promoparcs, cemultiavantages, and at certain times of the year, fnac. These are all legitimate French ticket agencies, and you can buy from them regardless of where you live (you don't have to be a French resident).
Thank you, i honestly must be having a slow day but all i keep getting when i google it is either the Dibb or DLRP websites and i tried the promoparcs website and all they have is day tickets on their website nothing else

I fear its a sign i shouldnt push my luck with wanting more trips than the current one i have

Thanks for replying to me x
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 13, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

We just bought ours on the gate. They gave us a ticket to take into the parks annual passport bureau tl the right of the castle where they take your pic and issue your pass. No info on their web site but the other site you mentioned above is where i got most of my info before i went.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 13, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for all the help as always was wanting to go next October not this year was just getting a guide price from this years dates. The idea of the annual pass sounds good. Does anyone know if there is a bestwestern near DLP as work for a hotel so might cut it down a bit that way ?
2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 13, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted-nadi
Apprentice Imagineer

We use leisure direction, they are cheaper than Disney and have the same packages, I've just booked 3 adults and one child 2-5 jan at New York hotel inc breakfast and 4 days passes for both parks for £900. We are taking the euro tunnel for £99 and driving the 3 hours from Calais, we always do it this way, saves a small fortune, we have also just returned from wdw and having our disney Xmas fix hehe good luck

My heart belongs to uncle Walt
Orlando/Paris/Cali/HongKong/Tokyo ✔️
Shanghai one day
Enchanted-nadi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread