Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 Aug 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Mobile Volcano Bay queries

Just watched Tim Tracker and noticed he had his GoPro on a fair few rides. I thought u couldn't take them on?

Also i saw a sign for the Express Pass there. Where and how do you use it as we're staying in RPR and HRH?
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink Tina
slightly serious Dibber

I never saw anyone with a GoPro... didn’t think they were allowed

No express pass lane everyone gets the TapuTapu but if staying onsite you can get in 1 hour earlier which I understand can work quite well... we got there for normal opening and managed the rides we wanted quite easily
Old 1 Aug 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

I think they used to allow GoPro but no longer do. Tim’s videos of him are older, but I think they were reinserted into one of his newer vlogs.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

In his later videos on Volcano Bay, he explains that GoPros were allowed in the very early days when the park opened but were then later banned. He does have footage of him on rides and he inserted those into the last video I saw when he went with Jen.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by derenstar View Post
In his later videos on Volcano Bay, he explains that GoPros were allowed in the very early days when the park opened but were then later banned. He does have footage of him on rides and he inserted those into the last video I saw when he went with Jen.
She is pregnant in the vlog so is def a recent video. Will have to re-watch to see his beard growth on and off the rides
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

The express pass at volcano bay is different to the express pass for the parks and you dont get it if you are staying at RPR.

You do get early entry. Go early, be ready to drop your stuff on a sunbed and/or locker and you will be able to do everything with a very short queue.

Don't go on a Saturday, when we were there a couple of weeks ago the park reached capacity on the Saturday. We went on the Sunday and it seemed ok.

Also the tapu tapu band is linked to your park ticket. If you go into the universal app in advance and link a credit card to to your ticket it will automatically be there on your tapu tapu band and you wont need to set that up on the day.

We used a gro-pro style camera in the fearless river and in the main pool (on a wrist strip) but didn't try to use it on any of the slides.
DollyDimples is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
She is pregnant in the vlog so is def a recent video. Will have to re-watch to see his beard growth on and off the rides
I think on one of the videos he inserted he had his old curly moustache if I remember correctly!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
I think on one of the videos he inserted he had his old curly moustache if I remember correctly!
Yes he definitely said that he was inserting old footage and you are right he has the tash, (I miss the tash).

At volcano bay (having never done a Water Park before) do we need flip flops or equivalent for walking about? When you leave them at the slide entrance are they safe or do a lot go walkies?
Old 2 Aug 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

Mobile

We didn't have flip flops and we were fine. The dry concrete gets pretty hot but most paths had plenty water being fed into them to keep them wet.

There are storage shelves/baskets at the entrances to slides if you do want to wear them and leave them.
DollyDimples is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve watched a few blogs on Volcano Bay that have mentioned bringing water shoes if you’re visiting during the height of summer as the walk ways are meant to get quite hot.

We have these from Decathlon -https://www.decathlon.co.uk/120-adult-aquashoes-dark-petrol-blue-id_8491519.html as we will be there later this month. We have used them at other water parks in the past.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List