Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
31 nights, the good,the bad & the indifferent

My thoughts on our food from our holiday, we had 7 days of free dining plus family there for 2 weeks so a bit more Disney food than we would normally do :
Arrival day- WL Geyser Point- a Bison burger that you would be hard pressed to say what animal it was & fairly tasteless & over cooked, DW said that the salmon was ok - Not a repeat
Day 2: Crystal Palace breakfast- it's breakfast & it was good/ok but you can't get away from it cost $80 + tip!(Paid OOP)
Kona Cafe for dinner- food was good BUT & this is a BIG BUT, for your money/credit you just get your meat/fish, no sides- literally a piece of meat & some gravy- Is this a sign of how DDP is going to go ?
Day 3: Whispering Canyon- Original skillet & Land & sea, no complaints really, service not the best but here it's hard to say whether that's part of "the game" or it was just not great service IYKWIM- the cocktails were so strong they were verging on neat!
Day 4: Teppon Edo- really good, again.
Day 5: First visit to Trail's End & I have to say it won't be the last, this was really good & will be on our list for a repeat visit.
Day 6: Storybook Dining, I'll start by saying that I would expect this to change to 2xTS pretty soon. Food again really good, it's shared starters & desserts- 3 prawns between 2 is a strange choice though!
Day 7 - Tusker House - lunch, whilst the food was good we did feel that there was less options compared to last year not sure if that's because we done dinner on last visit, not sure we will return.
Day 8 - Last day on DDP- Chef Art's- the first on 2 visits & not the last, good food & good service.

Of those visited with DDP, only Trail's End & Chef Art's would get my money & tbh they were the cheaper options, we found that by & large we were "spending" the equivalent of £100 for a meal for 2 - onsite!
My next post will be from Day 9 where everything is OOP

SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
A nice honest review. Well done. Lets be honest for the prices one would expect to come away from every meal and go Wow! Sadly not.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow Shooby have things got so bad since I was last there in 2017?

No sides at Kona?!

Tasteless burgers?

$40 breakfast buffets?

For me this would be a no thank you.
Old 26 Oct 19, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post

I didn’t have a great service experience at Geyser Point, but the bison burger was utterly delicious, one of the best burgers I have ever eaten. Reviewed here.

I couldn’t justify any character meals this time as we were paying cash and $40 upwards for a breakfast buffet is silly. Having said that we did stretch to $30 for Boma which is also overpriced.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Claudette, maybe I just got a bad one plus it was travel day but mine had been incinerated!
Karen tbh totally shocked, I think the sides were $7-$9 & by sides I mean broccoli & carrots! I know people say if you are on DDP you don't need any extra for food but imagine if they were all to go this way !
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I didn’t have a great service experience at Geyser Point, but the bison burger was utterly delicious, one of the best burgers I have ever eaten. Reviewed here.

I couldn’t justify any character meals this time as we were paying cash and $40 upwards for a breakfast buffet is silly. Having said that we did stretch to $30 for Boma which is also overpriced.
That was awful but well recovered... burger looks fab. Dare I suggest the manager made sure it was perfect given your complaint about GP? Also totally agree a 30 minute wait for QS at a resort is unacceptable.
Old 26 Oct 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Claudette, maybe I just got a bad one plus it was travel day but mine had been incinerated!
Karen tbh totally shocked, I think the sides were $7-$9 & by sides I mean broccoli & carrots! I know people say if you are on DDP you don't need any extra for food but imagine if they were all to go this way !
SD
Kona was always our go to for a reasonably priced meal with an Asian theme (not always so easy to find onsite). I’ll be honest, this new approach is a bit disappointing to me.
Old 26 Oct 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dor1
Getting Excited

dor1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Whilst the prices continue to rise the quality continues to fall.
Most of the meals on our last trip were very average and very expensive.
Upon recieving the bill at Sanaa my wife's words were"bloody hell,$250 for a curry" !
It's a shame that alot of the best food to be found is now offsite.
Old 29 Oct 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Ok folks a bit behind so next 7 days:
Day 8 -Keke for breakfast, the first of 3 visits & a new bf favourite! If there was a markdown it would be that the server didn't tell us you could have less than 3 pancakes! These things are huge. Boatwrights, booked here originally as DS & DGF are staying at POR but they were on a later flight so just the 2 of us & actually it was pretty good & I would have the Prime rib again.
Day 9 - Cali Grill, this is a hard one because the atmosphere & fireworks viewing is really good & tbh so is the food but it was $200 plus tip!
Day 10- Le Cellier, finally after 27 years we have eaten here , you're in "Canada" so got to have a poutine... worst one I've ever had this is another $200 meal & it was nowhere near worth it, won't be back.
Day 11- Seito Sushi - Dr Philips- actually pretty good but won't make the mistake of ordering both sushi & bowls of ramen again- you could swim in those bowls!
Day 12- The first of several visits to Polite Pig- point to note this place is a "bargain" on the Dining Plan, easily the most "bang for your buck" for a QS credit.
Day 13-2 visit to Kekes ( first for DS & Dgf) all suitably impressed. Cowfish- a bit of a let down this one, it was just ok & wouldn't hurry back
Day 14- Full day at Busch with Fright Feast before Howl o Scream- buffet style & decent.

DS & DGF are on the Dining plan at this stage & TBH both "enjoying" it, they are starting to gather a fridge full of desserts though! They are also "struggling" to use up QS & snack credits - more of that later.

I'll update the next 7 days on my next visit.
SD
Old 29 Oct 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post

I would quite like to try Keke's after somebody suggested it to me on one of my dining reports, we don't go offsite a lot though.

We have never been to Le Cellier and have both said we will include it next time. I was wondering about the poutines and how you fit them in with the rest of the menu, did you have it as a starter?

Polite Pig looks very interesting, we really wanted to go last month but it was totally rammed full at five to midday! I had thought this was quite early for lunch and it would be ok, but the queues were very long and nowhere to sit, so we gave it a miss.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List